1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

**** cancer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Seriously, this scares the crap out of me.

A friend of mine died on saturday morning from a brain tumour. He was 19. Why does it only seem to happen to the good guys :scowl:

2. Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that!

3. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Wow, that sucks. :(

One of my closest friends had a brain tumour a few years back. For one month he didn't know what kind of tumour it was, and that must have been a really hard time for him and his family. Luckily, it wasn't of the bad kind and he had it removed successfully.

These things sure scares the crap out of anyone... :(

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    My Dad's been fighting with Throat Cancer for the last nine months. They said the particular type he got generally only shows up in three pack a day smokers. He doesn't smoke.

Went away, came back.

If they have to do surgery, he might never speak again.

Man. F all that S.

5. BigKahuna13

BigKahuna13

Nov 21, 2004
    LI New York
    I'm sorry. Throat cancer took both my father-in-law - he worked with lots of seriously dangerous chemicals in his youth in the 40s - and the father of a very dear friend - he was a heavy drinker.

Father-in-law couldn't speak without a mechanical aid for the last few years of his life. For a man who loved debating it must have
    been hell.

6. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I've been saying it for three years now, about to become four years since my brother fought his off. Cancer knows no boundaries, cancer knows no limits. It is not racist or sexist. It is not prejudiced to age or religion. And it always goes after the good ones first.

Cancer sucks.

They think it's a melanoma?

:(

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Sorry to hear that, man.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I am sorry for your loss , cancer does indeed suck.

9. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Ouch man. You okay?

10. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    It hurts the most when it's in kids, so unfair.

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    That just sucks. Sorry.

12. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    My dad's a politician. He speaks for a living, and it's his passion in life. He's speaking okay on his own right now, but while he was in radiation, he had to use an amplifier clipped to his belt. Must have been really hard.

13. FuturePrimitive

FuturePrimitive Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    Sorry for your loss i_got_a_mohawk.

Definitely. One of the kids at my sons daycare had cancer, he was diagnosed before his first birthday (had it in the womb) and didn't make it to 2. It's been 2 years but I still think about him almost every day. RIP Alex.

14. My best wishes to his friends and family...

15. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore

RIP Alex... my thoughts with you.

16. Thanks guys, i'm doing fine, its just still surreal tho, i knew his family, and they have my sincerest condolensces. We knew it was coming, but that doesnt give any consolation other than now he is out of pain. It first arose when he was 16, he was in hospital for 6 months, but they removed it. It just relapsed a few months back :( . This is the 3rd person ive known (who's around my age) that has passed in the last 18 months :scowl:

Couldnt agree more, no parent should ever have to bury their children :(

Thats horrible, life truely is just unfair :(

17. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    My dad died from liver cancer this past August.

Cancer gives no quarter. The best we can do is give it Hell, and even then, sometimes that's just not enough.

18. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    We can put a man on the moon, We can artificially create animals through cloning. We can create microscopic robots used for spying in the military, but we cannot cure cancer.

What a sad, Sad day we live.

My condolences to all who have lost a loved one, or knows someone who has lost someone to cancer. I lost my Grandpa to a brain tumor. He was a wonderful, fun guy. He would take us to Mcdonalds every weekend when we made the 3 hour drive to see him. I still remember having to clean out his house with my brother and dad when he was taken into hospital. I was 8. I still have the white stuffed teddy bear he gave me. He had surgery and started to recover, but complications led him to live in a nursing home. Here he gained speech problems.His condition worsened and ultimately he died of pneumonia. All this from a brain tumor. I work in the nursing home where he stayed, I live directly across the room in the hospital where he died.

RIP Ed McCallum.

19. One of the bible teachers in my church died not long ago from brain cancer. He was the most upbeat, caring and friendly person you can imagine, then one day complaining of a headache he went to the doctor and boom, brain cancer, lived just 3 months after it was diagnosed. Same thing happened to one of the youth pastors, lived 2 months after it was diagnosed. What scares me about this thing is that it's all so sudden. I mean, these are people that were seemingly healthy and living normal lives without much excess of anything (no drinking, no alcohol, healthy eaters, family guys!) and from one moment to the next, boom. :(

20. My best friend's dad died of brain cancer. He beat it once, but it came back much worse. Sorry for you lost.

lowsound