Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Has anyone heard of these guys? They are crazy musicians, but like most hardcore bands I want to choke the "singer" to death with his own voice box. Opinions anyone?
  2. When they mix jazz and metal, it's freaking cool. I hate their rap and straight-ahead metal stuff, though. I'd choose Dillinger Escape Plan over Candiria.
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Their great guys. I know the Bassist (Mike) & one of the guitarists (John) for over 10 years & the drummer is AWESOME!!!!!

The Bassist & Guitarist were in a band together called Dead Air that was very awesome. They both did lead vocals & they smoked. Super vocal harmonies & great music. I'm glad I still have the 3 demos cause I still listen to them (10 years later).
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dig em. Have for a couple years. I actually like anything they do. Yes, they sometimes do straightahead rap or metal, or even jazz, but I find that they are highly competant at rap and metal (don't know enough jazz to make a jazz call on 'em).

And Mike is a GREAT bass player, but I think his tone sucks like a hoover. It's an SR5 though Ampeg gear, but his EQ makes it to nasal and tinny to my ear. Not that it makes me enjoy it less.

300% Density is thus far my favorite album they've done. I'm wanting to see them live, but have been unsuccessfull as of yet.

Carley has great lyrics IMHO, and his lyrical style (when not rapping) is actually an influence on how I write lyrics, and sing, incidentally.

Great band.
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That would be "The C.O.M.A Imprint" there, Josh.
  7. i cant rember who they are but this hardcore/scremo metal band what ever do u call it,(meatl with really bad punk screams)but this band mixes jazz funk and othere styls of music in the songs. but they all got kicked out of berkley because they said there music wasnt muscial enough.
  8. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    They're aight from time to time -- I'm only familiar with their older stuff, but I dig on some of the riffs and Carley's flow on the hip-hop material.