"candy green" Fender P bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zachs50, Aug 5, 2009.

1. zachs50

zachs50

Jul 13, 2009
    I was wondering if it's possible to get the Fender P bass Standard In the "candy green"? And If so were could I.. The color's on there color chart on their website but I havent found one yet. So if it's possible could you please tell me where to get one?:help:

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Well....not ALL of the colors on Fender's site are available on ALL guitars. I've seen a couple of Strats that color, but never a bass. I could be wrong, but they may not offer that color option for basses. Good luck!

3. LCW

LCW Inactive

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    You cant. Unless you go custom shop.

4. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    How 'bout seafoam green in a standard P like this one?

5. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    Candy apple green was a standard finish on some Fender models back in the 80s, but if they've used it since, it's hasn't been often or for long.

6. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    New Yawwk
    do want

7. gratt

gratt

Oct 13, 2007
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    yeah, the colour chart is a very confusing and unfortunate part of that website.

when you look at a bass, such as the Standard, scroll down and you'll see a variety of different finished basses that you can see. Those are unfortunately the only finishes available for that specific model.

8. Cool color but, is this bass worth anything? Got it in a trade allong with some amps and cabs. Dont know a thing about it, i figured ide sell it some day... i keep it in a near mint condition fender hard case. hope that adds to the combined value? :eyebrow:

Attached Files:

9. team180b

team180b

May 15, 2008
    Sydney
    Well Squiers aren't really too valuable generally speaking. People only really buy them because they're cheap - that's why I bought mine.
    Having said that I've not seen a Squier like yours so I think you could get like $400 or $500. Does that sound right to peeps?

10. irishryno

irishryno

Jan 22, 2008
    Alabama
    you may have to buy the guitar and refinish it.

11. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Uh.....what is that? P body, J pickups, cut down pickguard......just a mongrel that's been modded a lot? Or was there a Squier bass similar to that? (Obviously with a full guard)

12. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    http://www.simscustomshop.com

I've been thinking about getting a stock Fender American P-bass 5 string and getting these guys to finish it in either Daphne or Sonic Blue. Then I would have a custom White Pearloid pickguard made for it.

That would be suh-weet!!!

13. Actually the only thing thats been modded has been the pickgaurd. This squire came factory direct with thos Jazz pickups :bassist: It still has all the original pickgaurd screws in place.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021