Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Canned my Guitar center EMG order.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I wrote the check on the 16th and they're ordering directly from EMG. I ordered the EMG JV set and BTC preamp EMG hasn't even processed the order. They'll send the refund in four days. Now, I did some searching and found a place in NC and they said they can ship the pickups and preamp overnight. So I put in the order and it should be here tomorrow afternoon :). Total was $276! Wooo! I can't wait. My brass nut and gold accents for the bridge should be here soon too. I can't wait :).

Update: The nut and bridge stuff should be here tomorrow as well!

2. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    wow congrats :D I love when new gear arrives. lucky! :bassist:

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    :hyper:
    I can't wait either. I'm going to try and install all of it before work at 4.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Let us know how it goes. How did you decide which pups to get?

5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    With the internet as a resource, there's usually no reason to go with the "we can order it for you" type of deal. Find a dealer that has what you want in stock and buy from them. Even if it costs a few bucks more, the higher price is usually better than waiting.

(Occasionally, it seems like there are times when no one on Earth has what you're looking for :meh: ).

6. Offbase

Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
  7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Bah, shizzle! DHL is annoying. At 3:30 PM EST I was waiting for my package, which was supposed to be here at three. It turns out that there was a storm or something in Ohio, preventing all planes from taking off. Gahhh :crying:

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Update. I know the pickups are coming either tomorrow, or monday. I got my gold saddle holders, screws, and brass nut. I stripped down. Everything is gone minus the bridge holder and grounding wire, little random peices of foam in the control cavity, and the tuning pegs. I took off the nut (the brass one isn't a perfect fit, but it's fine. I test fitted the gold accents in the bridge, and it looks amazing. I can't wait for the pickups and preamp.