Cannibal Corpse

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by RiCKdoesntTrip, Sep 13, 2002.

1. RiCKdoesntTrip

Aug 16, 2002
    Any body know how many right hand fingers alex webster from cannibal corpse uses? and what order he goes in? (3,2,1) etc. alos, what is a duoble stop? thanks.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Doesn't Alex use 4 fingers a lot?
  3. unless you can whip all fingers into shape using 4 will make you LOSE speed...2 well trainned ones should work fine
  4. nah dude he uses 3 im pretty sure, and he does it at good pace, i use 3 to do triplets but i basically pluck with 2, in DM if you only use 2 then your guitars most not do triplets.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I usually see him using three or two, depending on the song (this is obeserving many a live footage piece)
  6. Big_d

Aug 31, 2004
    he uses 3 and he uses them VERY well, i dont know how he does it but he goes freaking nuts with them one of the best metal bassist ive ever heard
  7. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Alex is pretty cool, I've seen CC live a couple times and was surprised. I was expecting him to be buried and sloppy, both in tone and general playing. He was neither, his bass was right in the forefront in the mix, no easy feat with that heavy a guitar collection, and he didn't make a mistake that I could tell all night.

I still don't think he's anywhere close to Steve or Sean, but he's certainly awesome.
  8. hey don't forget Cliff, sorry to bring it up but when you are talking fast fingered metal bass, you can't go past him, he used all 4 fingers didn't he?
  9. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Cliff used only two fingers.

10. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    There are like 15 "how many fingers did cliff use" threads running right now.

Go rent Cliff Em All, the answer becomes obvious after about 60s...