Can't ask the Modulus club, there aint one....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvertripper, Aug 22, 2013.

1. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Well there's not an active one anyway. There is a Modulus bassssman club, but that's it.

I need to find out if this CL Ad is a fair deal, a great deal, or a slap yo momma kinda deal.

http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/4018654653.html

Im not a Modulus guy, but that's not to say I couldn't become one. :bassist:

2. KaseOfBass

KaseOfBass Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
  3. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks! I searched for it, I really did. Modulus Club. But I only went through 2 pages.:bag:

4. That's definitely a slap yo momma deal, especially if it has a truss rod.

5. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Im not farmiliar with Modulus so whats with the single bart pup? :confused:

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Be careful. Posting a CL ad is a good way to get a bass you are interested in bought out from under you quick. Other than that, I have no idea. Looks pretty but that's all I can add.

7. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I listened to a few samples on youtube, I def don't care for the sound of only 1 pup. I'll pass. But the thought has occurred to flip it. Wifey disagrees about the flip. So I'll continue my search for another Valenti.

8. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Some people don't dig Barts so YMMV. (I passed on a similar Quantum 6 because it had EMGs which I hate)

But what you've got there is a Modulus with a Bart in the "sweetspot" position. Here's a hint: My Modulus has three Bart pickups: neck, Sweetspot, bridge. Let me say that my two most used settings are Neck+bridge and Sweetspot alone! If I were you I'd actually LISTEN to that bass before I passed on it! Most people who try/play/listen to a Modulus end up diehard fans. I know I did.

9. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Moduli aren't for everybody but that's a pretty damn good deal especially since current developments seem to have driven up prices on EBay.

10. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Is it a newer (1998+) Sweetspot?

In any case, I owned a 1995 Sweetspot 5er and it was amazing.

In good shape it is a $1200 bass all day long. Maybe a bit more with the trussrod although my non-TR version was the most stable neck I have ever owned.

Don't let the single PU scare you, it is a serious bass that sounds great IME.

11. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    As a proud member of the Modulus Mob and the Bassstar club, $1000 is a great price for that bass, with or without a truss. However, without a truss may pose some issues that you should be cautious about. It is a great looking bass. Snap that puppy up if you can. Call the guy, go visit the bass, offer less. Never hurts. Oh and join the Modulus Mob

12. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Yep, $1000 is a great price for that bass indeed.
    Here is mine with barts :

(click to enlarge)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It does have a truss rod and I'm test driving it this weekend. We'll see if I'm in love or not. I appreciate everyone's insight on this since modulus basses aren't common here.

Music I play is alternative music that's bass driven most of the time. And playing with 2 half stack guitarists. I play pretty aggressive, meaning I dig in a lot, some basses sound good and some not so much when playing for an aggressive tone. Thanks again.

14. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Dang! It looks like you can dive right in and take a swim in that top! :hyper:

15. Hidesert

Hidesert

Oct 7, 2011
    Santa Fe
    Hope you got it! Excellent buy, IMHO

16. bobt3719

bobt3719 Gold Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Brooklyn /NY
    The aid was taken down .. wonder if it was sold. :hyper:

17. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It was sold, but not to me.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021