Can't choose a cab!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassNoob?, Sep 29, 2005.

1. BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
    I am saving up for a GK700RB head, but i still havnt decided on a cabinet. I went to GC this weekend, and the guy wouldnt let me switch the GK to a diff. cab. It was playing through a used brandless 2X10 cab... so i didnt get a chance to look at cabs. Any suggestions? I have a pretty low budget. Between $300-400. Thanks in advance! :)
  2. What a dweeb. Either he didn't want to work for the money or doesn't care about making a sale. That's like selling a car without letting you take it for a test-drive.

I tried a couple different head/cab combinations at the Arts in Newmarket, Ontario. They're pretty cool there. I finally settled on a Yorkville XC808, although I'm not completely convinced that its the cab for me - sounds good, but its WAY heavy. I'm going to be trying a Schroeder 1212 and 1210 on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. They get amazing reviews everywhere you go.

- Andrew
  3. I also have a 700RB and am running either one or two Aguilar 1x12's. Sounds great in either configuration with both double bass and electric bass.
  4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    +1 for the Aggies.

They sound absolutely fantastic with my GK700RBII!