Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can't Decide: Ary 500 German vs. Carbow?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by jgbass, Oct 1, 2004.

1. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    I am deciding between two bows and weighing the pros and cons. I really like the Ary 500 because it just sounds great with my bass. I have tried several bows and nothing sounds as good as this Ary. Its tone is rich compared to the Carbow. But I like the Carbow because its easier to play and a little lighter. Its got a good tone also and because its a Carbow. I guess this is a totally subjective thing, but what do you think would be most important: great sound that just makes it my bass come alive in a little heavier bow that might be a little more difficult to play or a nice, solid Carbow that handles nicely and also has an good sound, but may not sound quite as good as the Ary.

Any comments appreciated. :)

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I would go with the bow that makes your bass wake up and say "allo" over a bow that just sounds "good."

But that is just me...

3. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    Don, thanks for your reply. After thinking about it and talking to several people I came to the same conclusion. The Ary 500 bow just really makes my bass come alive and gets me moving along on my practice goals because it sounds so good! :hyper:

4. CB3000

CB3000 Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Madison, wi
    i PM'd you - i have an ary 500 German for sale