Can't decide on bass colour.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ian the bassist, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Apologies, I know there have been threads on this before, but I still am having trouble choosing a colour. I'm having a custom bass built by Chris Larkin. It's an all maple bass with an ebony fretboard. I originally said I wanted a transparent black(greyish) colour, like you'd see on a streamer stage 1 bass, but now I'm not sure. I do like natural colour, but I have a warwick Streamer Jazzman, that already has a honey natural finish on it(also has the flamed maple top) so I didn't want the bass to be too similar looking. Does anyone have similar basses that might be able to help me decide? I kind of ruled out high polish already, but I do like the look of some high polish maple tops in sunburst type colours. Opinions?

2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Congratulations! I've always thought that Chris Larkin basses look great.

I usually am not into bursts but I think something like this F-Bass charcoal burst would look great with a matte finish:
    300_BNF5_Charcoal_burst.jpg

The subtle narrow burst combined with the gray leaning towards brown has a great organic quality to me that would be enhanced by the matte finish. Cheers!

3. Was hoping to see more replies. Nice colour, but definitely want to see other people's finishes. Bump

4. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
  5. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    I like the "pink" one

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021