Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can't Decide On These Twelves!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Eden CX-212

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. SWR Twelve Pack

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. EB HD-212

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  4. Glockenklang Double

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ok, I have NO idea which to pick. I think that on paper the Eden CX-212 would look best for me(except for the fact it's Edens 'cheapo' series!), but then again I head people swearing by EB 2x12, and SWR has good reputation otherwise. Then there's Glockenklang which should be very nice, although it's the most expensive one too. And then there's the issue between ohms. A 4 ohm cab would be the best as single, but then again couple of these cabs come in 8 ohms.

So here's where you guys could help me. Vote the two cabs you like the best and share any opinions, please!

PS. Sorry to bother you guys on this constantly, but you probably know how hard it can be when you are picking your new stack!

2. Sombody vote, I wanna see the poll too.:cool: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :D

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Isn´t the EB cab discontinued? But I may be wrong.
    You should ad the Aguilar GS212 too.

Have you checked the prices and availability in Finland? The US made cabs are often more expensive. The Glockenklangs cost a fortune in the US so I would go for that just to piss those yanks off;) .

huckleberry1 likes this.
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Bergantino:D

huckleberry1 likes this.
  5. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Epifani and Accugroove should also be on this list :D

6. The SWR and EB.

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    No, they should not - hey, I can't even choose from these four options here!

Umm, well okay they should if I can find any decent store in Europe with good prices.

Oh, and Moxnix, you could tell why you prefer EB and SWR, too. Even if it's something like "well, I think EB looks cool and my guitarists uncles initials are SWR..", it could help me on my choice. Thanks for replying though!

8. Harpo

Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    I just picked up HD-212 in like new cond for 250.00 man what a nice cab . Sounds great through a GK 700RB with my Stingray5

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    tsk, tsk!

If you're willing to look at Glockenklang, how can you leave Bergie, Epifani, or even Aguilar off the list?

my vote would be for an Aguilar GS212. not nearly as heavy as the Bergie, but lightweight; and has a somewhat similar voicing as the Epifani, but about half as much. great cab.

10. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Well, they are simply not availabla in Europe.
    I think there's one Epifani dealer in Germany though.

But Tsal, since you live in Finland you should consider the new EBS 212 - should be nice too.
    Worth considering should also be the 212 by Tech Soundsystems (Germany) but I suppose it's not easily available in Finland (at least it isn't in Austria)

Out of these 4 I vote for Glockenklang (because I have it and I like it and it's available in 4 Ohms) and
    the EB.
    I'm not sure if I would like the fact that the SWR has no tweeter and I was discouraged by TB members to get any Eden CX cab.

Matthias

11. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    I've just read in the EBS-212 thread that Musik-Produktiv carries Epifani now. But the T212 is 1595 Euros! (Glockenklang Double: 915)

Matthias

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Matthias,

It might be that I'm going for Glockenklang then. That 915e is just about where I can reach my budget. Just saw one Double go for 600e in ebay.de few weeks ago :(

I think EBS 212 is going to be at 1200e or so, so that's bit off my budget already.

I think I'll have to go bid on that used Hartke head they have at local store today.

13. tunewriter

tunewriter

Jul 26, 2012
    And what about Schroeder?

mcnach likes this.
  14. nutdog

nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    In the dog house.
    Holy necro, Batman!

mcnach, squidtastic and BioWeapon like this.
  15. fnordlyone

fnordlyone Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2013
    south Louisiana
  16. TWELVE YEARS?!!?!
    Daaaayum.

17. fnordlyone

fnordlyone Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2013
    south Louisiana
    Alfred Korzybski called it: TimeBinding! :thumbsup:

BioWeapon likes this.
  18. huckleberry1

huckleberry1 Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    got that covered...:laugh:

19. kennyrodg

kennyrodg

May 5, 2008
    Preston,UK
    What about TKS cabs from Sweden.
    They're getting very good reviews over in the UK.
    :cool:

20. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    TKS are being praised in the UK on Basschat.

I don't know any of the cabs you want us to vote on, but I would suggest you look at www.bassdirect.co.uk
    for Bergantino (my favourite) and several other cabs you're listing.

Bassdirect has a pair of Aguilar DB112's and a pair of Baer ML112's in their used section.