Can't decide!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaxom, Aug 14, 2013.

1. jaxom

jaxom

Aug 31, 2008
    New Castle, PA
    I have been going back and fourth over which amp to buy. I can't make up my mind. I have it narrowed down to either a Ampeg PF-800 or a Aguilar TH500. Just can't get myself to make a decision on one. Has anyone else ever have this problem? It is really starting to bug me. I am currently playing in a Southern/Blues/Classic rock cover band. Can anyone talk me into one of these amps?

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Which one have you played? You could always buy the Aguilar Tone Hammer and plug it into the Return efx input on the Ampeg head - boom. Tone Hammer sound straight to the power section (bypass the Ampeg preamp). Buy the Ampeg and you will have a tone you like along with a hefty section of power.

3. What cab are you using?

4. jaxom

jaxom

Aug 31, 2008
    New Castle, PA
    Right now I have a Carvin RL210t & a RL115 (had a R600 head but it just blew out).

5. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    I like the TH500 better. Played a PF-800 last week. But it didn't do much for me. The TH500 is pretty loud also.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021