Can't decide

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mad_world, Jan 13, 2003.

1. mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Well im about to make a investment in getting a new amp currently im spotting a bassman100.

The two im juggling back and forth with is the the SWR working man 4004 rig and the ampeg b-2r half stack their both around 1,100$ and i've played on both of them and they are wonderful. So with all of you guys experince with amps which would be the better investment?
  2. You've noticed that no one has touched this one. That's because You're comparing 2 really great rigs. Buy the one that makes you heart beat the fastest.....:D
  3. mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    :D well hrm i was just posting to really see if their was anything wrong with any of theses amps but, i still can't make up my mind im leaning toward the ampeg but....... then again i want the swr.
  4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Both are great sounding amps. The Ampeg needs an efficient cab as they seem to run out of steam pretty quickly.
  5. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    I personally would take the ampeg -- I have a SWR Workingman cab and don't like it very much. If you're rockin' out, you can't go wrong with ampeg. That being said, I think you should get whichever rig suits you better.
  6. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I'd go with the Ampeg.