Can't enjoy a song anymore

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by mward69, May 28, 2007.

1. mward69

mward69

Jan 20, 2007
    Conyers, GA
    This is really for the "ear trained" bass player. Which is how I learned, I've been playing for about 15 yrs. Have been "blessed" or "cursed" with the gift of a good ear, the bad thing is....I can't enjoy a song anymore...lol.
    My wife is ALWAYS wanting me to hear a song "the lyrics are so wonderful" well, I use lyrics as my que point as I am focused on the bass line and drums. Am I alone with this? :D

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I do it sometimes. Mostly at live shows. As far as music goes, I can generally sit back and just enjoy it. Actually, I have been stuck on instrumental rock, like Explosions in the Sky. No lyrics, just deep entrancing music.

3. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    I noticed when I was listening to songs that I hum the bass lines and stuff when I'm listening to it and make imaginary metronome clicks. The music that I listen to usually focuses highly on bass or a single instrument itself so it hasn't stopped from enjoying the songs.

4. I hum along with the bass, or whatever is leading the melody and even sing along and pretend to play drums. So I'm all over the page, I just listen to it and enjoy it and whatever I do is what I do lol.