Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can't feel home at Talkbass.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, it's true.
    I think this place is a great source of information.
    Style is decontracted yet polite and respectful.
    Still, I don't get addicted to it, and I quickly get bored while browsing it.
    I don't understand why. This board has a lot to offer.
    I'm a heavy contributor to other boards where I really feel like in my lounge.

Does it happen to other people ?
    Not necessary this way, maybe a lot are addicted to TalkBass and barely browse other forums.

That and I'm bored, too. :)

2. I feel very much at home here at Talkbass. I think you'll get the same response from the regulars (otherwise, I suspect they wouldn't be "regulars"). Talkbass is like a club, or bar to me (minus the alcohol). I walk in when I feel like it and I pretty much "know" everyone (at least the regulars), and they know me. We chat, we joke, we annoy each other, we're sarcastic, and some of us can actually be helpful. If Talkbass were an actual, physical, club I'd be there everyday!

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I have three main forums, Talkbass, Nova Arts community and gErMaN eLiTe - but I feel most at home here at TB, and if it ever gets boring - there's always the chat ;)

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, how are you browsing? are you using the "new since last login" link or the "new in past 24 hrs" link? going forum by forum would get tedious, i would think.

5. I'm hopelessly addicted.

If Talkbass was a club, I'd never leave!

I'd be the Barney of Talkbass' Moe's Tavern, so to speak.

Someday, I shall have 10K....someday....

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Quote from Jazz Ad:
    "Still, I don't get addicted to it, and I quickly get bored while browsing it".
    "I don't understand why".

I kinda dig it here! We have our disagreements, (mostly in OT) but there's more than enough technical, inspirational, and fun stuff here. If the website sent every body $10's and $20's, you'd probably think it was KILLER!

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Hey Aaron-
    Been meaning to ask...
    Why is your avatar a picture of Reba McIntyre?

8. TB is where it all started for me 3 odd years ago.. and i'm still here! I am on other forums too and have just as much pleasure posting there as i do here. *shrugs* Give it time.

*hums* "where everybody knows your name......"

:D:D
    Merls

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hee hee. jim, that's funny. :D

10. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I've been here two years, and while I doubt anybody knows or notices me, I feel very much at home at TB. Its the first link on my favorites list, and always the first place I visit when I get online. Honestly, I wouldn't even consider myself an online forum type person, but I still love Talkbass.

11. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You mean you don't drink heavily while posting here? Hell, I sure do!

:D :D

Also, every time I log off of TalkBass, I reek of cigarette smoke.

12. Whatsamattayou? Read the sign when you come in (points up). The non-smoking section is over there (points there) ;) .

13. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Yeah, I have noticed. :D

14. im so addicted to talk bass. Its my homepage, and so ill open the web so i can check my e-mail really fast, and ill end up spending about an hour looking at talkbass, then to the e-mail. Talkbass has been really awesome, and i soon wil be a supporting member. THANX TB!!~!!

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, cool. :) post more, dammit :D.

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I feel this way every now and then. I'll search and search the forums, but not really find anything interesting, or for whatever reason, just don't want to make the time. And then other times, I'm addicted.

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I usually spend at leat 2 hours a day on TB. It's a sad, sad addiction. I've checked other forums...and none feel half as homey (homely?) as talkbass.

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You just described my first couple of years here.

19. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I just wish I had found it earlier...but I couldn't get my kid to stop playing "JumpStart Toddlers" long enough to use the computer! Thank goodness for Kindergarten!:D

20. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    *I love you guys* (sob)