Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

can't figure out this yamaha

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clanner, Mar 10, 2006.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I know it's got a BB PJ config is pewter but is passive. it's driving me nuts becasue the place i played it is selling it is selling it for 375 with a case

thnx.

p.s. pewter is the metallic blueish color right? oh an it has 3 knobs, and a switch

2. FeelTheGroove

FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    If its pewter its probably one of the new BB414's. They go for around $399 new.

Or if its a greenish/gray color, it could be a BB1000 michael anthony signature bass. Ive seen them range from like $200-350 used. Ive played a few of these and they had nice punchy fingerstyle tone.

3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    it's more like the micheal anthony one
    but it has red inlays but they looked like the inlays from the 414 and not pepper ones. confused me.

edit: i think it may be the new Micheal Anthony bass that's supposed to be coming out. just not on yamahas site yet

4. FeelTheGroove

FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    If it has red inlays its definately a MA signature.

The more expensive BB3000MA (japan) has inlays of red chili peppers.

The less expensive BB1000MA (taiwan) had red oval inlays shaped like the new BB414's.

5. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    it's the BB1000MA. either way it sounds killer. and once a save up some extra cash i'll get it. is 375 + HSC a good deal on it?

6. FeelTheGroove

FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    To be honest ive seen them cheaper, like $250-300 range. But with a HSC thrown in you'll be making out ok.

7. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    thnx, thats all I needed to hear. also, there will be a nut thrown in compatable for bead tuning and heavier strings.