1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can't find GK 212 neo locally

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nitrofix, May 4, 2010.

1. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    So it seems like the 2 Guitar Centers and Sam Ash in my area don't have any GK Neo 212 in stock but they do have the 410 neo, now I'm using a GK 1001rb, has anyone used both the 212 and the 410 and which one did you like better and why, I guess I could wait till they order one but patience has never been my strong point...Thanks Guys
    BTW I will have a Hartke Ha 3500 and 2 410 XL cabs for sale soon....

2. cegrant

cegrant

Apr 4, 2009
    Buford, GA
    I have 2- 212 cabinets been used once. I bought them last year. They sounded great the one time I used them. I too use a 1001 head. I believe the 212 just responds better than the 410 cab.

3. Funny you should ask. I have been using the RBH cabs for years now. A 410 and a 115. I just got tired of the weight.

Last night was my first night running a Neo 410 and a Neo 212. They both just arrived. The 410 from a felllow TBer and the 212 from the Canadian dealer. I ran the cabs with my 2001RB.

Jaw dropping combination. Thought I liked the rig I had before but the Neos really went beyond my expectations. Punchy with loads of bottom but not that pillowy, mushy bottom end.

Even our guitar player was impressed.

If I was only running one cab I might be tempted to go the 410 route. I just can never get it through my head that 1 or 2 speakers is enough ala a 115 or a 212. That's just me.

On the supply side I got the last 212 available in Canada as of a week ago. Everything seems to be back ordered. Thats why I jumped at the 410 in the classifieds. I have never seen our local GK dealer with so little GK stuff on the floor. Not sure what is up with GK.

4. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Our Columbus guitar center (and Sam Ash) hasn't had non-Backline GK cabs for at least 2 years...maybe 3.

5. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Looks like I'll try to get one online, got a GC catalog today with a 10% coupon so thats cool, it will save me about $55.........

6. I own the 410 version great cab.

7. AHHH Jack...... we have you on the NEO side now! :D
    Jon

8. I bought them without hearing them so was a bit apprehensive. Just went with the fact that I like GK gear. In the end.....no disappointment.

9. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
  10. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
  11. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    My Bad...Thanks

12. The rumor mill says GK is planning a 30% increase in the near future, so grab one if you want one. I like mine, which I use with a GK1001RBII.

13. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Found a GK neo 410 at my local GC, It wasn't even in their computer so when I called them they say there's none in stock...I'm gonna try to go check it out tomorrow...

14. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    How did that work out for Fender.

15. Wicked cab. 70 lbs I think.

16. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    picked up the neo 410 today, haven't had a chance to check it out yet can't wait....