Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cant find info about this bagend cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rexspangle, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Hello I am trying to find info about this paticular bagend cab mdel S15-C. Does anyone know anything about it at all?

Thanx

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Never heard of it - is it new? What is it?

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  4. no it is older I guess, I sent them an email but just no reply yet.

Thanx

5. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    I own a Bag End S-15C. It is a single-15 cabinet covered in black carpet (apparently "C" stood for "carpet"). I guess this is the precursor to the S-15D. I bought mine new, about 10 years ago. Nice low end, not much in the way of highs.

6. hey thanx for the info :)
    I recieved a reply from bagend (they have excellent customer service by the way) Anyway, I sent them the serial # on this paticular cab, and they said it looks as if this one was made around 1993.

RHFusillo, do you remember how much you paid for yours? and do you have any idea what it would be worth used?

The one I am considering buying. The guy bought used (so it has had 2 owners so far). He paid $900 (Canadian) for a bagend 210 and a 15 together.

Any ideas at what I should look to pay for it? Apparently it is in excellent shape. I just want it to be a reasonable for the both of us.

Thanx

7. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Well, a brand new S15-D can be had for about US$400, so I personally wouldn't pay more than, say - US$150 for one. Which is what - CN$45,654.91?

8. Yeah it is about around there ;), So they are about $400 new eh? Well $150 US is $236 Canadian.
    You think that sounds reasonable??

9. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Maybe even CN$250, or a little higher if it's clean and doesn't smell of smoke...

10. That is around what I was thinking, thanx HD

11. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    rexspangle:

I do not remember what I paid new for the S-15C. However, it is probably about 10 years old, so I would expect to pay under US$200 for one.