1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

can't find info on a certain eden cab...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kyo, Apr 18, 2006.

1. kyo

kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    hey, just wondering if any of you guys could help me out. i saw an eden cab in a pawnshop that i was interested in. 1 15, 1 10 and a tweeter. tried it out with one of their crappy squiers and a crappy behringer head (not saying those brands are always crappy, but these two pieces were) and it still sounded pretty darn good considering.

i was going to come back with my own head and bass. but i guess either i'm good at controlling my excitement, or he just had no idea what he had, because i was able to talk him down to $145. i knew that it was at least worth that, and i need a cab for a band i'm trying out for on thursday. so i gave him the money and took it home.

anyway, tried it with my stuff and it sounds great. but i cant find any info at all on this particular cab. i'm happy with it, but i want to know what kind of deal i got for it :cool:

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I dont know Edens, but that sounds like a SWR triad.

3. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    Eden used to make a cabinet similar to the Triad called the D-153T.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This is very true. Now where is that pawn shop?

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    So thats why some poeple dont list there location....

6. kyo

kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    ah thanks, but i looked at the back panel and there was some wierd black thing over it...kind of like construction paper or something? anyway, i pulled it off and it says d-153t

there we go. any other info on it? how much did they used to go for?

hehe, its this place called mario's guitars in oxnard, california. the 'guitars' in the title implies that its a mom n pop store or something, but its really just a pawn shop.

they also had a peavey rockmaster guitar pre amp going for around $100 without me even asking for a better price. they usually go for $170-$180 on ebay plus shipping. really wish i could have grabbed it, but i have no more money right now. anyway, i'm going to look into pawn shops first from now on whenever i look for new gear :cool:

7. kyo

kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    (only) bump...just interested :)

8. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    If everything works you got a killer deal.I paid around $700 each when I bought a pair of 210 XLTs new a few years ago and used they go for at least $300-$350.Your cabinet must be worth at least as much as one of them,nice score.Anything I've played or owned that has the Eden name on it has been great.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You scored big time. These cabs are rare.