Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can't find strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by skull73, Apr 8, 2005.

1. skull73

skull73

Feb 10, 2005
    Hi,

I have a gig next tuesday and want to buy new strings for my main bass.
    Problem is, that these strings are nowhere to find. I need 5-String, double ball end, Extra Longscale (35"). Are these so unusual or is this an area specific problem?

If anyone knows where to buy in Germany with fast delivery, please drop a note.

Thanks

Ralf

2. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i had a hard time finding some awhile back, but ken smith makes them if you can find a dealer near you......

3. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    v-12, Thanks for the 'plug'.

1) Our DB Strings measures 36" long from Ball to Ball, outside measurement. I believe they are for regular DB Basses. I don't know if it will work for a 35" scale Bass.

2) www.juststrings.com is your best source for mail order.

3) With a specialty String like this, dont' wait until the last minute to get them. In the future, have an extra set or two in the case and give yourself a few weeks to get new Strings in.

Best of Luck, Ken

4. skull73

skull73

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks for the info.

Don't know if I should mailorder the strings, cause it seems to be a very unusual scale. From zero-fret to bridge, the strings are 92cm (36,22"). The Strings from ball to ball (outside) is 97cm (38,18"). Funny, I always thought is's 35". :ninja:

Didn't know that it is so special. Next time I get them earlier.

I just bought some screws to clamp single ball strings on the top end. Is this any good? Didn't tried this till now. Will it keep the tuning?

I don't know how to discribe it better. Sorry for bad english.

Thanks

Ralf

5. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I would suggest you contact the people that made your Bass. They should have the best souce for the strings.