Can't find strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by skull73, Apr 8, 2005.

1. skull73

skull73

Feb 10, 2005
    Hi,

I have a gig next tuesday and want to buy new strings for my main bass.
    Problem is, that these strings are nowhere to find. I need 5-String, double ball end, Extra Longscale (35"). Are these so unusual or is this an area specific problem?

If anyone knows where to buy in Germany with fast delivery, please drop a note.

Thanks

Ralf

2. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i had a hard time finding some awhile back, but ken smith makes them if you can find a dealer near you......

3. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    v-12, Thanks for the 'plug'.

1) Our DB Strings measures 36" long from Ball to Ball, outside measurement. I believe they are for regular DB Basses. I don't know if it will work for a 35" scale Bass.

2) www.juststrings.com is your best source for mail order.

3) With a specialty String like this, dont' wait until the last minute to get them. In the future, have an extra set or two in the case and give yourself a few weeks to get new Strings in.

Best of Luck, Ken

4. skull73

skull73

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks for the info.

Don't know if I should mailorder the strings, cause it seems to be a very unusual scale. From zero-fret to bridge, the strings are 92cm (36,22"). The Strings from ball to ball (outside) is 97cm (38,18"). Funny, I always thought is's 35". :ninja:

Didn't know that it is so special. Next time I get them earlier.

I just bought some screws to clamp single ball strings on the top end. Is this any good? Didn't tried this till now. Will it keep the tuning?

I don't know how to discribe it better. Sorry for bad english.

Thanks

Ralf

5. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I would suggest you contact the people that made your Bass. They should have the best souce for the strings.