Can't Keep Still

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CauliColin, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Always find myself moving, tapping fingers or feet, chewing pens and the like, even when I feel half dead. Anyone know any reason why?

2. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Anxiety?

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You haven't been bitten by a zombie in the last 24 hours or so have you? If so, you'll keep moving when you're completely [DEL]dead [/DEL] undead too.......

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Are you Michael J Fox?

5. Matticus... hhahahaha

if you live in cali... go see Doctor ... get diagnosed with ADD or ADHD ... get a "card" ... visit a "pharmacy"... take your meds problem solved.

Is this an all the time thing or a recent development you have noticed?

6. I do the same thing. I'm as fidgety as it gets. I'm no doctor, but I think it's definitely ADD-related.

7. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    sounds more OCD than ADD.

8. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Go outside and scream for a few minutes.

9. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Dammit!!!

I laughed.

It's called being hyper and it never goes away :) My leg bounces constantly if I'm sitting. Laying in bed I unconsciously wiggle my foot. It drove my ex nuts.

It burns calories, so my doctor says, so go with the flow.

10. GREAT SCOTT

11. Cheers for the feedback. I've done for a couple of years or so. Or at least I started noticing. It does help playing bass. I am certainly more animated that any of the guitarists!

12. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    If I'm sitting i'll generally bounce my leg or tap my foot or something without thinking about it.

I've done it as long as I can remember, It doesn't really cause a problem, as soon as I notice im doing it I can stop, although I generally don't. It's therapeutic :p

But I am also a constant fiddler, if I am sitting at a desk I will screw around with something, generally spinning a pen or something.

13. This.

14. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Stop eating sugar. Stop drinking coffee (or coke, or pepsi). Start excercising. Learn a couple of relaxation techniques. Stop moving tapping and chewing neurotically.

Or cop out like the other 75% of the population, label yourself, and go get a script from the suit wearing drug dealers.

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

If you're young, enjoy It and try to channel that extra energy into productive activities like 'practice', homework or exercise. Or, any other thing your interested in.

If you're near your 30's, or older, count your blessings!!!

16. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    I'm with JoeNerve on this one.

A lot of health problems can be fixed by a change in diet, it's usually the most obvious fix. But enough about that.

Just out curiosity are you talking about RLS (restless leg syndrome) or just a matter of high sugar intake? I have a family member with nerve issues that presents much like RLS but throughout her entire body.

A doctor would probably be able to diagnose your issue better than a guy on a bass player forum. Wow, even better, maybe you'll find a doctor on TB! So you can have someone to jam with and to cure what ails you.

17. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    At least for the next month or so.

18. I live the gloomy UK. Where Autumn is a myth.

19. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Tell all your friends, relatives, and coworkers to jump out and scare you whenever they see your back turned and you don't notice them there.

If you become paranoid, it means you have herpes!

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Nah, it'll continue past that. A bunch of "pharmacies" will close down, but there are plenty more out there.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021