1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cant pick a mid range bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrniceguy715, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ksd 705

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. ksd 704

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. G&L l2500 tribute

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  4. G&L l2000 tribute

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    Since being robbed for my basses I dont have anything with the sound I like. I'm torn between a G&L l-2000,2000 or a KSD 705 or 704

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Tributes are great but I picked the KSD 705 because I have lately been in a jazz bass mood.

3. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    I had a tribby and sold it right before I got broken into glad someone besides the thief got it lol

4. zero_cool

zero_cool

Feb 16, 2007
    North Dakota
    thats sucks dude what did he/she steal just basses?

5. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    L2500 - The more strings the better, and I've always loved L2500s :)

6. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Is your music/style more progressive or traditional? Do you need a 5 or is 4 just fine with you? If you play with a more traditional sound I would go for the KSD, but if your playing requires a heavier or more modern sound, go for the Tribby. Get the # of strings you need. I love a 4 string, but I have to have a 5 string, so if I could only have 1, it would be a 5. Sorry to hear you lost your stuff man, that sucks!

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'd have to go for the G&L there, but I don't think any of your choices would be a let down!

8. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    the took a sx 5'er a squier vintage mod jazz pieces of a project bass my nikon d70 my xbox ipod and broke my turntables.

I have a p-bass with flats. I like a lot of funk and r and b. The L-2500 was very funky but not sure if I want the double humbuckers or the single coils they are both ash with maple boards my fav wood combo

9. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    I was thinking maybe just buy me another vintage mod 70's and throw a audere in it for now??

10. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    If that is they way you are leaning, why not go for the KSD 704.

Not that anything is wrong with the Squier, just seems like you've been down that road already and were looking for something a little more refined.