Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can't seem to figure it out

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by donteatmeet, Feb 18, 2005.

1. donteatmeet

donteatmeet

Jan 22, 2005
    I've been listening to DJ Shadow's Mashin' on the Motorway and I can't seem to figure out the bass line. It seems pretty cool and I'd love to learn how to play it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Peas~ :help:

2. short_skirts

short_skirts

Feb 14, 2005
    DJ wot wot dance music sucks the bass line for that is probably the bass drum ur hearing boom boom boom!!! lame :mad: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :bassist:

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You aren't listening to the right electronic music if you think it sucks. I dig the 808 kick drum sound, I guess you don't

You should erase your post as it is disrespectful to the original poster. Also goes against the user agreement.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I tend to agree that it's probably not bass guitar, as DJ Shadow doesn't actually play any instruments and is all about sampling really - but I do like some of his music though...Endtroducing...is a great album, but has no real bass guitar, that I can hear...?

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Try to figur out the key it's in, most of those tracks have a specific key you know, even if it's a kickdrum with a basssound attached..Once you have figured out that key, try to lock in with the kick and create a bassline yourself! It's really fun.

@Short_Skirts: listen to Hard Normal Daddy by Squarepusher and talk to me again about electronic music being crap!