Can't Vote In Polls

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by stephanie, Aug 24, 2002.

1. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    I don't know if this is a bug or not, or if it's just me LOL, this has been a problem for some time now: Everytime I try to vote in a poll I get this error message:

"The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session."

This kind of sounds like I'm not logged in or something, but I know I am.

Don't know if this makes any difference but I'm not on a computer, but a WebTV.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    could be an issue with some of your cookies not being kept. sounds like you're losing your session cookie. hmm, peculiar.
  3. Listen

May 19, 2002
    Same problem here, I can vote in SOME polls.
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

common problem with vbb.
    Problem comes from old and new cookies mixed up.

YOu need to erase all your cookies, and then allow them in your Internet Explorer/Netscape/whatever properties.

If you machine doesn't allow cookies (company server at work, webTV,...), then you're f****d.
  5. Listen

May 19, 2002
    I tried all of that. I can't figure out the what's going on, it used to work without problems.
  6. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Yeah, perhaps it is a cookie problem. Since I'm on a WebTV, tho, I don't think there's anything I can do about that. :(

Oh well...
  7. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    I'm looking into this problem currently - many users have recently reported this problem. I'll let you know if I find anything out -