Can't Wait for 2004 to be OVER!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Dec 15, 2004.

1. ok, so here's why.....

1. had psycho ex-girlfriend who tried to kill me (May '04)
    2. same ex girlfriend ruined me for about $8,000 (Jan-May '04)
    3. DUI (June '04)
    4. Jail due to DUI (only one night, but i'd never been in trouble-June '04)
    5. DUI and Drug Classes costing me $$$$ (Aug-Dec '04)
    6. Evicted due to break-ins and vandalism from psycho ex(was
    there 10 years with no issues- Oct. '04)
    7. Screwed by a former band (Aug '04)

and just yesterday my car gets towed from in front of my house due to neighbor's complaint that it was "sitting there too long". with impound fees, cost of repairs to get it smogged, cost of getting license back from DMV, and insurance hike due to DUI it comes out to almost twice what the car is worth. so therefore, i no longer own a vehicle.

i'm ready for this year to be over with. :(
  2. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Ouch. Well, here's hoping for a brighter future :cool:
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Daaaannnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg! You have a whole lame list to yourself. I feel no pity on you for the DUI, but the girlfriend stuff sucks major.

What happened with the band?

4. I'm very sorry about this, it sounds horrible. And I do feel pity for you on the DUI along with the girlfriend-related issues. She sounds like a total wacko who needs to be locked up.
  5. no pity -DUI.. me neither, especially since it was a block from my house. i went to 7-11 to get cat food and got stopped for "no light above my license plate"... :meh:

i was subbing/on the verge of joining an up an coming local act, but little did i know this dude that was auditioning (i was hired to sub/possibly join) was coming to every show i played to LEARN MY LINES. they wanted him to play what i played but since i moved around more than the singer, and basically put on a better show than he did, he got jealous and told me to get lost.. the new kid doesn't even move (and can't play my lines)... this was confirmed to be by numerous sources including the new kid, who said they wanted him to "stay out of the singer's way on stage"
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Now that is a lame way to deal with people. It's too bad they could not be straight up with you. Well, on two out of those three you talked about, it looks like you are better off with them gone.

Any prospects for a new band on the horizon?

7. don't get along with the neightbor or something? that sounds a little petty to me to get it towed...
    sounds like i might see neighbor vs. G-Money on judge judy in a month...
  8. band, i currently play with Devices - - the other band was because i had time and it was fun (i dig being in multiple projects when scheduling allows)... i've been with Devices for about 3 years.

No neighbor issues whatsoever. that is why i'm shocked. i've only been in this pad for about 2 months and i have been VERY respectful to all my neighbors. no loud music, parties, etc.. it's kind of a quiet neighborhood, there is an elementary school one block away. i have always done my best to not piss off the neighbors no matter where i am. this is an outrage. now, granted there was some oxidizing on the paint job, craked windshield, but nothing to make it look like it was an "abandoned" vehicle or anything. the dispatch told me straight up- it was due to a complaint. not only that, my older (80 something) neighbor's car had been in front of my house for 2 weeks! it was still there today!
  9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    This year did sucketh. :meh: Better luck next time/year ;)
  10. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    Man your crazy! This year was killer!

You'll like it better when gift giving comes around.
  11. Man...that all sucks big time. Hope 2005 treats you loads better. Hopefully later in life you'll be able to look back on all this and laugh...
  12. Like we all are now... :p

At least you're looking at this positively, I'd be like Eyore "great, another fun-packed year..."
  13. this year has indeed had some crazy ups and downs and just some particuler crazy phases.

that is some list man, on NY i'm raising a can for TB in hope of a good year. :bassist: :)
  14. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Actually it's hard to imagine that 2005 could be worse for him...

All my best wishes for all of you for 2005 !

15. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Yeah man, you've got nowhere to go but up. Take care of yourself, and look forward to better days! :)
  16. Move.

There, that simple. If things suck that bad, time for scenery change. Just being honest.
  17. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    This has been a bad year for me to. The company I worked for
    got bought out and was moving the operation over an hour
    travel time from my home.I would have to travel thru the worst part of the next city over an accident prone traffic jam nightmare area called "Malfunction Junction".So I left the
    company I was with for 14 years and took a job at a similar
    company 10 minutes from home,making the same base salary
    with the thought I would bring my customers with me and
    build up my comission sales.After I was here a few months
    and brought in over 70K in new sales,they lay me off and it turns out the company is in bad financial shape and is in debt
    to alot of there vendors.So I called the old company and begged for my old job back,but they had just hired a guy,
    so I had to go register for unemployment.So 2 1/2 months
    later the new company called me and said they have an
    opening but at 1/2 of the salary I was making before,so I had to take it,cause there was not much else available around here.So now I am stuck in a low position making way less
    than I was,but at least I have some income and health insurance.So hopefully next year I can find something else
    and start earning again.I keep networking with everyone I
    know,but the economy look's prety weak. All I can do is hope for the best.

18. well, if you noticed i was evicted so i HAD to move.. haha.. but whatever, i'm gonna be positive as i can.. :D
  19. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    yikes, it must be an astrological-planetary thing, what else it can be! :D
    next year have to be better (for both!) :rolleyes:
  20. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Yep 2004 was REALLY bad for me too.

My dad pasted away July 5th ( I spent my birthday July 7th
    with him at the funeral home).

The company I had worked for for almost 12 years moved
    and I lost my job July 23rd.

My wife has had several health issues, back problems and

Our 15 year old Golden Retriever died in September.

I still don't have a job since I had to take care of my dad's
    "estate" and help take care of things around the house for my
    wife. She still has her business and makes pretty good $$.
    I knew my company would make the move sooner or
    later so I put away some cash to hold us over for awhile.
    We have not touched our savings so money is not a big
    issue... yet. :( I hope to get back to work in January.

I can't wait to get this year over with. We are both hopping that 2005 is a much better year.