1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cap for GK 1001rb power button

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ihixulu, Jan 30, 2018.

1. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    South Shore MA
    Does anyone know the Mouser or Digikey number of the cap for the power button (see pic)? It looks like it should be a generic component. Sort of hit a dead end with GK support.

Appreciate any help.

7EBEB857-8258-4D46-A8A8-4FA87E75B65D.jpeg

2. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    I'm curious, did you call or email GK about the switch cap?

Clutchcargo likes this.
  3. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Contact GK. I needed a cap for the db pad on my 1001rbII and GK sent me 2 for free. Great service. Surprised to hear you've run into a dead end.

blubass likes this.
  4. ihixulu

Mar 31, 2000
    South Shore MA
    Yeah I did both. I'm surprised because I've heard nothing but good things about their CS. I'm not looking to slag them, I'm sure they are dealing with people with more pressing issues. I hate being a bother but I may contact them again.

5. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    That's always been my experience as well. I called them one time to recondition an SBX810 I had, and instead of just telling me they had the stuff in stock, They checked and set it all to the side without me asking so I could pick it up, and gave me a free shirt as well. That had nothing to do with the endorsement as they didn't ask me any of that info.

2saddleslab likes this.
  6. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Ask for Lany Valdez, she was great help.

blubass likes this.
  7. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Did you talk to Jason Finley by chance? He's usually busy, but when I needed something he was always there to support me.

8. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    She is helpful as well.

2saddleslab likes this.
  9. ihixulu

Mar 31, 2000
    South Shore MA
    Cool, thanks for the encouragement. I'll follow up with Lany and Jason.

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    They may be busy with NAMM right now as well.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2020