1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

capacitors

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassman1965, Mar 14, 2013.

1. bassman1965

bassman1965

Mar 11, 2013
    I have this 2008 Fender American standard Jazz bass. I'm going to install the super 55 split coil pickups in them soon. I'm wondering how it will sound if I put the .1uf Vitamin Q paper in oil capacitor on terminal 1 and 2 of the tone pot while keeping the .o5uf cap on the 3rd terminal. The illustration from the new pickups seem to show the two caps on the tone pot, but does not state what uf size they are. And should i have both caps on the tone pot at one time?

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Seymor Duncan has schematics on their site, and if you use the search function, you will find many threads on this...Or go and post this in Pickups and Electronics forum to get a response.

3. A tone control is just a variable resistance. The first terminal does not do anything, and can be soldered to the second terminal to reduce noise, if you want.

You are probably referring to some wiring scheme that utilizes a capacitor on the volume control as a treble bleed.