1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Caparison Dellinger?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dereksilloway, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Anyone know anything about these?
    Dellinger-Bass - Caparison Guitar Company
    I mean that is one seriously mean looking bass! I love it. I would equally love to get my hands on one but I dont recall ever seeing or hearing anyone on Talkbass speaking about these?

Any opinions/experiences with these at all? Anyone owned one and have some sweet pictures?

Why arent these talked about like...ever here (or Ive just completely missed all mention of them)?

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    They are very nice MIJ company from what I remember. Similar to ESP (not LTD), Edwards, and other other well made Japanese instruments.

3. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    That Rhino horn looks like it could seriously injure someone!

4. Indeed it does!

Now I just need to find a way to get one for myself!

5. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Caparison make absolutely top of the line instruments. I have no doubt in my mind that thing would play amazingly well.

6. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    I'd love to try one as well. Their guitars seem more "adventurous" but it seems like a solid bass. I really dig the clock inlays. No idea where I could check one out in the US though.

7. Yeah ive been spending all day trying to find a place to just get an idea of their cost, let alone where I could play one.
    But here website is no help, listing only ONE US dealer and they are no where near me. Super sad face.

8. The Guitar Asylum or something?

9. ModuMan

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    I think they used to be a dealer. They don't have Caparison guitars listed any more but they *do* have a stock photo of a Dellinger bass and "call for price". The dealer listed on the Caparison site is The Axe Palace. I looked at their site and while they have plenty of guitars, no basses are listed.

Speaking of guitars, I was interested in the Horus and I really should have gotten one a couple of years ago, the price has gone up by close to a grand.

10. Guitar prices in general have been going crazy!! For that reason, I tend to stick with luthier made, which can often be cheaper when the middle man is removed. I still support local, but middle men seem to be more of a hinderence when custom gear is being order.

11. As stated previously, I noticed the Guitar Asylum but really would need more then a pretty stock photo to go any further. Im king of sad there seems to be so little info around on these. And a little surprised.

12. It's primarily a guitar company and will most likely remain that way.

13. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    Never got to play their guitars or basses. I have seen a few around and the get good reviews. Killswitch engage uses their guitars and they sound good studio and live. Plain but cool looking bass. I would imagine it would be hi quality and definatly worthy of a look.

14. I would not say Caparison is like ESP and Edwards. It is a small and very professional group of luthiers, I daresay, a boutique maker, prices coresponding. A used caparison guitar is easily $1800 and up, their basses I see are not many.
    I am too lazy to look up but I believe the guy who started the company left Jackson Japan custom shop shortly before the agreement lost its effect in 1995. As you may know pre-95 jackson japan guitars have great value, not at all like the later "professional" and "pro" series. He has made a certain jackson soloist design - crazy stuff with purples and golds and mods, which is very rare, that later became the starting point for caparison models. Chorus, Angelus, Dellinger are their best known models.
    christopher ammott of arch enemy uses several caparisons and has a signature dellinger as well.

15. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Caparison is a smaller high end company, as others have said. Their instruments are (in my opinion) better than ESP's, and since Edwards is a cheaper in-house brand of ESP's they shouldn't even be considered as in Caparison's ballpark.

16. Denchiq, thanks for that interesting tid bit of info. Now Im even more intriqued.

17. most welcome. If you come across information you find interesting about them, I'd be glad if you share

18. ModuMan

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    Are you talking about Chachamaru's Jackson Falcon? Cha is how I first heard of Caparison. He is crazy good.

Looking at the artist page it looks like a fair amount have Dellinger basses so they must be getting them from somewhere.

19. umm, nooooo, I've seen this one too, and the 27 fret mahogony body /bolt on neck IS pretty special (and is found on the Caparison Horus as well), but IIRC, the starting point for Caparison (this is the guy's name) was this one:

http://pics.livejournal.com/necrochaban/pic/00008kpw
    mind the ash arch topped body, non-standard pickup position, booster/EQ and the color scheme