1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Capri Orange Moollon Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rgleason87, Jun 5, 2017.

1. rgleason87

rgleason87

Mar 6, 2012
    Hey all!

As some of you may see if you look in some of my back posts I was very interested in both finding a person to refinish a P-Bass body I own in Capri Orange as well as a separate thread asking about where someone in the states can find a Moollon P-Bass.

These days I have a number of wonderful basses including a few outstanding P-Basses, all of Fender origin. However, I am still lusting after a few basses as I think we all are.

I suppose I operate in a world where the Fender Custom Shop Pino Palladino and the Moollon Classic P both catch my eye pretty heavily (big Pino and Tim Lefebvre fan looking to cross both worlds here). However, I'm still a bit obsessed with the idea of a Capri Orange P-Bass with a beautiful rosewood (I know Moollon uses ebony and that's fine) neck in the pre CBS 60's style is still what I'm after.

Does anyone know how long (or even if it's possible) it takes for Moollon to make a bass and what the price point (if possible) is for a custom color very close or exactly accurate to the early 80's international series color Capri Orange would cost to make?

I had a contact via a guitar player friend in here in New York who was a Moollon artist a few years back but Moollon unfortunately were next to impossible to get in contact with. I know that they have gotten bigger over the last few years but still are very difficult to acquire in the states. If anyone has any relevant or pertinent information about what I'm looking for I'd love to find out more.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your info and time in advance!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017