1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Capri orange precision with mint pickguard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Oct 7, 2009.

1. With a rosewood board. Help me find a picture. I'm about to do a refinish and am thinking this is the combo I'm going to go for. Just picked up a Squier P for 30 bucks. Also, post pictures of your favourite colour combos for Precisions, you might change my mind.:bassist:

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    IMG_2968.

IMG_2969.

My two favorite color combos, other than sunburst/maple or rosewood.

But Im getting a white pickup housing for the Inca Silver MIA, so that should be even more different-er. The MIA has a 3 ply mint, and I love it.. but on Capri Orange.. I dont think it would have the same appeal.

But the Squier is one of my all time favorite combos.

3. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    $30! Man you make me feel like I just got crapped on! I thought I got an deal with a semi-rusted squier p with semi-messed up QP's for $70... I'm stealing your bass!

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I've seen one capri orange P bass here, and I lust for it. I'm pretty sure there's a picture of it in the Fender Precision club thread.

5. Semi rusted? tuners? (I just had a mental image of a p-bass made of metal...and it was all rusty)

6. Also might consider painting it skin coloured, might be ridiculous.

7. `show your orange basses' thread,there's some NICE ones :eek:

8. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    I found these in the thread mentioned above:

[​IMG]
    1219081033b.
    attachment.
    [​IMG]

The second picture is the Capri orange precision.

9. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Mint (which is greenish) might look a little sickly on an orange body...

10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    The second one is the one I was referring to. Great color.

11. Yeah I forgot about that thread. I think I'm in it somewhere with a bright orange Bongo 5er with white pearloid pickguard that I used to own. Hoping someone here might be able to slap on a mint pickguard onto their orange axe and snap me a photo. I want to see how badass it looks. Orange and white is classic, so is orange and tort.

12. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  13. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    I think it would look awesome. The "mint green" color might not technically work well visually with Capri Orange, but to Fender lovers mint green is less about the color than it is about the look, if you know what I mean. I'd do it.

14. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    Well, not Capri Orange, and not Mint, but this is mine and I LOVE the combo!

bgguard1.
    bg5full.

15. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    mmmm ... trussart bass .... = :)

16. IF you do indeed go Capri Orange I am a fan of White Pearloid or Brown Tort

SO my fave color combos on a P Bass

Shoreline Gold w/Brown Tort:
    IMG_1687.

Red(CAR?) w/ Gloss Black:
    Fender%20P%20Bass%20Red.

Inca Silver/Blizzard Pearl w/ Black Pearloid: ( I have a Jazz Bass in this scheme looks stunning in real life
    DSCF0743.

Midnight Wine w/gloss black:
    blackpickguard029-1-1-1.

Walnut Satin w/Bakelite or gloss black
    SQPBR-WAL_body-front.

Oly White w/brown tort
    IMG_0171.

LPB w/ 3ply white - one of the few colors that goes well with plain white
    IMG_1157.

Black w/ Abalone - normally I don't like Abalone especially on a Jazz since its so showy but looks pretty darn sexy on black
    [​IMG]

HOWEVER I like boring ol' 3 ply white on Black - its such a classic scheme and the simple black on white is awesome especially with a MAPLE board:
    [​IMG]

17. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Sonic Blue goes well with mint/white. Oh yesssss.

18. agreed