1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Caprica.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by T-Bird, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Hi.

No thread about the new "prequel" series pilot yet?

Anyone seen it? What did You think?

The interesting V-Club aside ;), the pilot was a bit of a let-down for me. The directors comment about "a family drama Sci-Fi" doesn't assure much more in the future either.

Obviously I have to watch the series anyway, it's a bit about Cylons after all, and Cylons are cool ;).

Regards
    Sam

2. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, everybody thinks their cool until they blow up your planet.

3. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGED!

4. Hi.

A bump since the series seems to be airing eventually.

I do have to admit that for me the first episode didn't look any more promising than the pilot.

Regards
    Sam

5. funny, a friend was just telling me about this not 4 hours ago.

first thing i thought of when i heard the name: isnt' that what eddie murphy's character's daughter started calling herself at the beginning of dr. dolittle?

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I've watched about 3 or 4 episodes now in HD and it is very beautiful - I love the Cylons, but this brings home the horror of a mind being trapped in a metal body or virtual reality!

I'm not sure about some of the characters - but it's a visual delight and I'm hooked! ;)

PS - I liked the alien religion element of it as well - interesting comment on religion and suicide bombers...?

7. Interesting series, I'm enjoying the way they're playing around with religions & religious values - the idea that monotheism is wacko in the Colonies, with pantheism the norm, and folks in group marriages barely get a few batted eyes. I know some people in 'triads' and considering how much flak they get (most of them keep pretty deeply below the radar) can just imagine how our society would react to such things. Plus I never would have seen Adama's dad as a gang lawyer... it's interesting in that this takes place before the Colonies become unified, and you have a lot of back biting between the individual planets, the treatment of minorities, and the fact that on Caprica at least you also have a lot of in fighting between various Caprican factions.

8. I like the series alot. Adama's gay gangster brother is also interesting to say the least. They need to ramp up the action just a bit. The dialogue can get a little slow at times. Otherwise a really cool show for us BSG fans that were looking for something new.

9. I'm hooked. I thought the prequell was very interesting and the show is probing to very good as well. I thought the mothers role would become annoying but it seems like she's about to have rough times ahead :)

Loved BSG, love Caprica......

It's just too bad the Starbuck is being such a dumb *$@&! on 24 :p