1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Captured an idea for a tune - listen and comment.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bearcubs9497, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Just finished slapping together a drum and bass track for a tune that's floating around in my noggin. It's pretty raw, so don't expect to be floored.

Anway, I thought I'd post it here and and get some ideas from y'all. You know, just to see what you guys think.

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Nice growly tone. I think it sounds pretty good, and I'd like to hear the finished product. You're definitely on the right track!

3. Thanks!

4. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    nice!

what kind of bass/signal chain you using?

5. Bob

When I tell you, you'll quite likely crap your pants at the cheapness of it all :D

The bass I used to record this little clip was a Washburn T-14. Not an ordinary T-14, but one "specially" made for Music123.com.

Music123 had a blowout sale on them last summer, so I bought one. The best way to describe it is; A T-24 body, and a bolt-on 3 piece mahogany and maple neck with rosewood fretboard. The pup is a soapbar single coil near the bridge. And, only one tone and one volume control.

I ran that bass through a Digitech BP80. Settings were quite simple; compression = F2; amp model O3 (supposedly an SWR Interstellar Overdrive emulator); cabinet model = 4x10 mic'd;
    EQ = bass 7, mids 6, treble 5.

From the BP80, I ran the signal into the line-in jack of my "integrated" sound card.

Pretty simple.

I think I've got some pics around of my stuff. If you want me to, I think I can post them.

6. Anybody else?

Don't worry about hurting my feelings; I don't have any :D