1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CAR 55-02 with BART P/UPS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lowstrung5, May 18, 2011.

1. Unplanned medical bills force the sale of this fantastic bass. I recently got this bass here on TB in a trade. It was previously purchased used back in Feb of this year from Thelowend.net. I have the pics from their site that show its wonderful condition. It plays great and sets up low if needed. It has a beautiful rosewood neck and the bass shows minimal wear for its age with no dings or dents. It's Korean made and has the Bartolini P/ups and electronics. It weighs a little over 11 pounds on my bathroom scale so it's not a featherweight but it Kills tonewise. Definitely one of the most versatile basses you can own. It will be packed well and shipped in a worn lakland gigbag. $769 shipped conus only. Pics are at: Flickr: lowstrung5's Photostream

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT!!!!!

2. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    bump for an awesome bass! I'm the original owner of this beast (bought it brand new from Brian at The Low End), and the description of it being a tone monster is right. I still have producers that ask me to bring this bass with me when I do a session for them. This thing has sustain for days and sits in a track like no other bass I've ever had. I attribute most of that to the heavy ash body. If I had the scratch I'd buy it back in a heartbeat! ....I know you're needing cash, but if you open it up to trade, let me know.

3. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    That is beautiful and a great deal. GLWTS!!!

4. Thanks for the comments guys. Local pickup will save you some money or I'm willing to drive a little if necessary. Make an offer!

5. Bump and price drop! $869

6. OK........how bout $849 ?????

7. Now $829!!!!!! Come get it!!!

8. PM's replied........still available.

9. Call me crazy......price lowered.......AGAIN.... $799

10. systemsdevelope

systemsdevelope smile and have coffee !

Sep 17, 2003
    The Center of the USA
    School of Hard Knocks
    pm sent

11. On Hold till tommorrow.........

12. Off hold and still available............. and final price drop to $789. If it does'nt go at that price I guess 'll just pull it and try again later. Let me say it again..........$789!!!!!

13. Wow! Great price bump!

14. More PM's answered.........late bump!!

15. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Does this have the LH-3 system in it? Changes the mid frequencies
    Approximate year?

16. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    it's a 2005. barts...much much better than the LH-3 system, IMO of course. Killer price. If I had the money, I would be buying this back in a heart beat.

you can hear it on www.myspace.com/zaksparks on tracks:
    Who You Are
    Your Awesome Name
    Is There More
    You Make Me Smile

17. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    They have clips on the Lakland site, are they of the new pickups or the old Barts?

Welcome to Lakland

Pretty cool sounds, I'd have to figure out if I could do the P bass spacing on a 5er.

Great clips Zach, VERY different than my Sterling HH, which is what I'm looking for.
    These clips were recorded with THIS bass?

18. Thanks again Zach for helping me out. Yes, those tracks are recorded with this actual bass. I prefer the older Bart P/u's and electronics to the LH-3. I'm sure there are more clips on youtube with the older bart system. Yes, you can switch between mid frequencies inside the bass. This is a really sweet sounding bass and actually Zach has had the most experience with it. Believe me I would like to keep it, but my wifes ongoing medical problems have forced me to go back to just one bass. My beloved Mike Lull MV5 is going nowhere. I've had as many as 6 basses at a time and have downsized many times through the years. So, I gotta off this one although I'd love to keep it.

19. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    What a fantastic sounding bass... I wish I could play it! A Lakland 5 is as wide as an Ibanez 6 string (706) I tried at the store to see if I could do it. Hand arthritis is a killer!
    Good luck boss, someone buy this bass, what a deal!

20. Bump it up!!!