Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Car audio hookup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Viviuos, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Is there any way that i can hook up my Bass to my system in my truck? My system is simple enough. CD player, RCA cables to 2 amps (one for mid-high, other for sub) and then speaker wire to the speakers. I believe that this is a setup question just of a different sort.

2. rkatapt

rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    hey I did this when we had a campfire at a buddies house and we're having an acoustic jam. My stereo has rca inputs and all i did was get an adapter from radio shack from phono to rca and ran it into my stereo. It actually sounded pretty good I didn't crank it or anything just audible enough to be heard in the little jam session. I wouldn't crank to much as you could definetly blow something. if you stereo does not have inputs then you can use the same adapter and run it straight to your power amp. It would be best if you had a preamp or eq before yor amp and bass so you could control the volume and what not otherwise you will have to adjust the level witht he gain. Just be careful I am just helping and I am in no way responsible for explosions or blown equiptment :D