Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Car audio question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick Bibeault, Dec 30, 2003.

1. I have a memphis subwoofer amplifier that is one ohm stable for 1000 watts and i am running that into two infinity subs that are 4 ohm single coil units and i have it wired as follows:

positive pole of the amp-->positive pole of sub 1-->negative of sub 1 to positive of sub 2-->negative of sub two to negative pole of the amp.

What is the ohm load? and how could i set it up to run as close to 1 ohm as possible?? I understand i probably won't be able to get it to run at 1 ohm with those subs, but the closer the better.

2. You've got the speakers in series, for an 8 ohm load. If you want the 2 ohm load of parallel, you nedd to go amp positive to both speakers postive and amp negative to both speakers negative.

3. ok, i'll be doing alot better at 2 ohms. the amp says it peaks 600 watts at 2 ohm.

thanks

4. If its peak performance is 600 watts into 2 ohms, it's probably just an 150 watt amp, tops.

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Yep. But 150w in a car should be plenty.