Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Car, Bass, and Cab for trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by XxBassmanxX, Apr 21, 2004.

1. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Im looking for a decent 6 string so ill put up these items for sale or trade. Would love to trade all 3 for one high end bass. Ill post prices beside each one incase anyone is curious. All shipping will be paid by the buyer. I am located near Raleigh NC.

First is the Mesa Diesel 2x10. Im asking $275 (pending sale)

[​IMG]

2. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Heres a 78 Datsun 280z. This car would work for someone that likes to tinker. I wouldnt suggest it as a daily driver but it could be if you really need one. Asking $1250
    [​IMG]

3. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Lastly is this G and L Climax. Its a real killer bass with a huge sound. The glare appears as nicks on the finish, but its really in almost new condition. Very few blemishes that I could find, and nothing that goes through the surface finish. Also has a very fast unfinished Jazz neck. Only for trade to a good 6 string bass
    [​IMG]

4. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    No thanks lol..

5. damn thats a cool Z... if i lived locally and i was settled in id buy that in a heartbeat... good luck with the sale. have you tried posting that on any car forums? that might bring you some luck.. or if you put it on ebay i bet you could get your asking price easily if not more

6. "If someone's asking $50 for an item, don't try to be cute and make a $10 offer. Not only is it not funny, it can be insulting. TalkBass members have a right to sell their gear and not have their time wasted."

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95093

7. Offer for Climax sent via PM

8. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    So that goes for non related bass items for sale on a bass forum? I don't care but if you are going to be that way about it. I am sure it was posted as a complete joke, ease up a bit.

Dan

9. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    I am 99% sure that im not out of line by posting my car for trade of bass gear... I discussed this with a Mod and it was deemed O.K.

Posting funny offers does take up space and bump the more relative posts further down, but as long as it isnt to excess I wont get annoyed. I am pretty easy going...

Lets not turn this thread into a debate. Thanks in advance :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Can you read?

11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Definitely not!! :)

Hey--we bassists are known to give up almost anything for a good piece of gear! :)

BTW--PM sent re: Mesa 2x10! :)

12. no need for me to ease up... i didnt comment that it was inappropriate or say the guy was wrong, i just brought the rules to the attention of someone who is pretty new here... what i posted applies to what he posted... now how about you ease up ;)

13. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    I guess they outlaw a sense of humor at TB? I could care less what you post for sale..either way, good luck with you selling your stuff.

Dan

14. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
  15. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Joe Rocks. I have had the pleasure of dealing and meeting him a couple of times, and it was great every time. Just to let you know the kid is stand up.

16. hey there was no price listed when i posted that man! who knows he might of given it up for 50 bucks! lol :hyper: :spit: :spit:

17. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Ive decided to keep the G and L and the cab is on hold pending sale.

Joe

18. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    More lowballing? I know......no price right?

19. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoyed our transactions as well.

Joe