Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CAR Fender 75 Re-Issue with Matching Headstock?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Noobai, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Does Fender MAKE these anymore?

And how much would it be running at? Whats the basic cost of a 75 re-issue, and what do you think the chance is to find one of these used?

I dig this bass, and I have 900 to blow, think I got a chance?

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Keep an eye on this forum, eBay, bassgear.com harmonycentral.com classifieds and thedudepit.com You could also put a want-to-buy ad out there

Doesn't the Essex Jazz have a painted headstock? They're available for something like $119 plus shipping...and are supposed to be very nice instruments.

4. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Aye, but I want a Fender re-issue if I get one, they are great basses.

That and I HATE buying basses without trying em, in fact, I mean not to, its like throwing your money into a transmogriphiar and hoping a diamond comes out.

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Noobai, is this the bass? :D :D :D

6. Slightly off topic, but, I acquired one of these sparkly red beauties over the holidays.
    Trace Elliot T-bass made by Status. Looks cool, sounds great and it cost me less than half of what the Fender costs.:D

7. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Pyrohr, you always have tyo rub that damn bass in my face don't you? :p

btw, where did you get it and how much did it set you back? *sry, i forget*

8. Basso Profoundo

Basso Profoundo Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    This was posted in Bassgear.com a week ago, you'll have to do a search to find it:

FOR SALE: '75 Fender Jazz US Reissue
    Posted: : 12/31/2002
    Category: Basses
    Condition: Brand New
    Asking Price: $1100

Like new US made Fender Jazz '75 reissue Special Edition. Beautiful Candy Apple Red w/matching headstock, rosewood fingerboard w/white block inlays and binding. It plays as good or better than any '70's Jazz bass I've owned. All accessories are still in original packaging. OHSC. Pics available upon request. Shipping inc. PayPal accepted(plus fees). No trades please.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Could you give a more detailed review of that bass, DrDrill? I've been keeping an eye out for one of those for quite some time.

Please post it here or send me a PM. Thanks.

10. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I believe the Lakland Darryl Jones Sig. bass will be available in CAR, and will probably be a little cheaper than the Fender, but should be very similar.

11. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    This is correct. The Lakland DJ will be available in:

Lake Placid Blue/Rosewood
    Candy Apple Red/Rosewood
    Pearl Black/RW or Maple
    Pearl White/RW or Maple
    Natural/Maple

All will have white blocks/binding and matching headstocks.

They'll also come with Hipshot hardware and Aero pickups and 4 bolt neck attachment.

They retail for $1,499 and typical "street" pricing should be in the $1,049.00 range depending on where you buy it.

12. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    man i played one of those RI's in NYC Sam Ash a few weeks ago and it was sweet!

i wanted one BIG TIME. but my gas subsuded over time.

i think it was around $1400.

hope you get one though,
    erik

13. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi Dude, u got any photo's of the Lakland DJ bass in black? Such a cool looking bass!!!!!

14. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    Dude, those DJ signatures are hot looking basses. any ideas on when they're going to be available? what bodywood they are made with? and if lakland has black pickguards for them? thanks.

15. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
  16. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I think he wants the matching headstock also, Noobai if you can save some more money do so. Little buddy Im only messin with you, I dont want you to settle for something you may not really want. If this is the bass for you than save your money for it. It is an excellent bass and worth saving for. The sticker price for this bass is $1,349.99 at musicians friend w/case and all hardware,strap,cord, ashtrays,wrenches. Mine came to approx $1,500.00 bucks.

17. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Oh...That makes sence. I have to admit I'm projecting a bit. If this bass goes cheap (like900-1100) which in this market it could.Not only is it a great deal on paper but I think its a better bet for getting a great bass "unseen,unplayed".

Believe me I want it.

AJ

18. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Here's a pic of Darryl's personal pearl black & pearl white basses before the electronics were installed.

[​IMG]

I'm taking orders now for the DJ Signatures and they should be ready to ship by the end of March. They will all come from the factory with "mint" white guards but I hooked Dan Laking up with Roger at Jeannie's Pickguard to have a template made for this model and Roger will be able to make pickguard to fit in any material you want.

Jeannie Pickguards Website

19. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    ps: That Candy Apple Red USA JO on eBay is a steal folks!

20. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Sweet, so, do you think I could pop a used one for around $900? (CAR Lakland I mean)

Also, you think Bass NW will carry them?