Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Car got broken into: Venting, plus a joke.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blackbird, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I drive to work every day. It is a good part of a very dicey neighborhood, where people get shot and whatnot.

Anyway, I arrive at work at 8 a.m.. When i get back to it at 12, my back side window's been shattered and my trunk's ajar. Not knowing what to think, I look into my trunk. Nothing looks missing. More on that in a minute.

I look inside my car and everything seems fine too. By now I'm confused. I try to start the car and get nothing, so I look under the hood and sure enough, my battery is gone. On the ground, I see a big rock and a discarded old battery. Campus security is out sick, so I can't file a report. I call AAA and get a new battery ($90) and drive off, pi$$ed off at the prospect of having to pay to replace the broken glass in my car. I don't know the occurrence has sunk in completely yet. If I seem a little bitchy in the next few days, forgive me.

Anyway, for the punchline: I had my Peavey Minx 110 combo in my trunk at the time of the robbery. When I opened it to look inside, It was still there.

I guess even the thieves don't want Peavey stuff.:mad: :meh:

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    back when the San Antonio Spurs were really, really crappy - someone broke into my car and left me four tickets to a game!

:eek:

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    *RIMSHOT*
    "Am I right people? Am I right?"

brad cook

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry to hear about your incident Blackbird. I know that feeling that you have. It really sucks when someone steals something from you or breaks into your car or house. When I've been the victim my biggest feeling was wanting to catch them. They probably won't be caught though. I'm glad they didn't take anything else.

What a dork though..."Oh...my battery is dead...Hey, I bet THIS guy has one!" What kinda person is THAT?

brad cook

5. Well, your spirit is none the worse for wear, but now you gotta fight all the Peavey lovers at this site. :p

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Blackbird. :(

Mike

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Your car was broken into just for the battery? Were the trunk and hood pried open?

It seems that there wasn't too much damage car burglary, but it would still suck. Insurance doesn't cover any damages?

When my house was broken in to, I had about $300-400 in cash scattered accross my desk. My room was searched through. Such items as Altoids, my coin jar (about $20-30 in pennies, nickels and dimes), a little safe was broken into (it had canadian coins in it, nothing more than a loonie or toonie total), and cases for some playstation games (the games themselves weren't stolen) were stolen. All that cash was still on my desk.

7. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    people who steal things others work their ass off to get deserve to be hung by their genitals in public.

8. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Probably, but for something this small, I'd rather not bother. I just got the glass repaired. Set me back another $140. If I depend on the insurance people, it might take forever, not to mention what might happen to the monthly payments.

What are you talking about? I'm a Peavey lover! I've had more Peavey brand gear than any other! My relationship with Peavey is like Ray's parents in Everybody loves Raymond We complain and argue but deep down love each other, even if it's remedial.;)

There's no justice like gonad justice.:eek:

Thanks all, for the kind words. Lived through another one. Onward we go.

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    At least your car was still there. I had a car stolen 14 years ago. By the time the cops found it, it was stripped clean and dumped in the ghetto. The funny part of it was I only paid $50 for the car, and it had 229,000 miles on it.

10. That sucks Blackbird. Hope the insurance covers it.

I had my house broken into. My gf lived there at the time. She had about $800 in cash (bartended), bass equipment, house items. What did they steal? A broken TV and about $2 in pennies. Lovely.

11. hmm, im assuming girls would need hooks or something and not just rope. would that still be considered "hung"?

(i need to get a life dont i? be honest:meh: )

12. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Last night my neighbor was car jacked :mad: .

Guy leveled a shotgun at her and told her to get out of the car. She had her two grandkids with her. :mad: :mad:

I need to check to see if they caught the guy. She has OnStar on the car. They can pinpoint the location within feet. My neighbor's daughter & son-in-law are both cops. I only hope they are the ones on the call when the bastid kids nailed.

I'm not feelin' like "Peace" tonight,

James

13. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Sorry that happened, at least you still have your amp.
    I hope everything works out for ya.

14. people suck.
    like this: i was just talking to my dad about concerts he's been to; he told me about a three-day show thing with Allman Bro.s, Grateful Dead, and some other band (it was supposed to be like the next woodstock; wound up being three days of only three bands) and some guy held him and his stoned friends up at gunpoint!:eek:
    what kind of a-hole brings a .45 to a Grateful Dead show?:mad:
    i'm rambling...it sucks that that happened blackbird; at least he didn't take more than he did, i guess.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You mean aside from Ted Nugent?

brad cook

16. That sucks...but at the same time it is the oddest tale of theft I have ever heard.

On the bright side...it could've been a lot worse.

17. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    How about...

[​IMG]

18. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    could have been worse...

one of the posters on clubsi's forums car got turned from this on saturday night:

[​IMG]

to this, monday morning:

[​IMG]

sprayed in oil to conceal fingerprints.

19. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    "Save on Glass" on Otis, (near Mission), has great prices, and they do quick work. I took my truck there last time it was broken into. This was 2 years ago, I feel as if I'm due.

Life in the city...

Sorry, Will.

20. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Sorry to hear that BB! All this hassle and expense 'cos some bastage can't be bothered buying a new battery for himself/herself!

At least nothing irreplaceable was taken!

About 11 years ago, I was at a gig and when I came back, my car had been broken into! They'd smashed the rear window - it's was a 3 door. Rummaged through the glovebox etc and left.

I was livid, they'd broken the window and didn't take anything - what, none of my stuff is worth nicking????:mad:

Funny thing was, I'd just put the car through the car wash, and there was this lovely palm print on the roof! Although the police weren't interested in that - 'hard to prove anything from print on the outside of a car'........

Duuuuhhhh, match them to ones inside the car that aren't mine...........:meh: