Car insurance question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bass__player01, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Ok guys, I need your oppinion on this...
    yersterday, i was going on a kind of road trip with one of my friend, and at a certain point, i lose control of the vehicle...

I find myself stuck in the snow on the side of the street and have to call someone to help me (don't know how it'S called in english, but in french its a "remorqueuse")

anyway, my car didn'T haveany damage at this point, but when the guycame to help me, he fixed a chain to my car and pulled me out... but unfortunately my car keep on rolling and hits his car pulling me out. :meh:

There are a few damage, caused by this impact, and my insurance covers the damage only if i wasn'T responsible for the accident...

I called them and they said they would evaluate the situation and call me back. what do you think?

I don'T think i'm responsible for this, because my car engine wasn't running and i was moving only because the car was pulling me...
    lets hope the insurance company will have the same oppinion :(
  2. Your insurance company might say it was your fault because you didn't use a licensed tow-truck, although I'm not 100% sure of this.

Some insurance companies will go to great lengths to deny paying a claim.

I hope it works out for you.

3. tow-truck, that's the word i was looking for :p
    sorry, i should have explain more... it was an official tow-truck.
  4. Then my post is null and void. :)

5. the only thing i see that could make me responsible is that.. when he was towing me... i was in the car, and the guy later told me i should have break but... the problem is i wasn't seeinganything, too much snow... and he didn't tell me I had to hold the breaks....

might sound stupid (actually... probably sounds stupid :rolleyes: ) but i didn't know... and that'S why my car crashed into the tow-truck.... :rollno:
  6. I can't offer any help but I hope it works out...

That really sucks.

I don't blame you though... we got quite the amount of snow last night and it was slippery as... well it was slippery