No longer available CAR MIJ Jaguar body for another color Jag (long shot)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Bodeanly, Jun 13, 2017.

1. yes (if yes, what color?)

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. no (if no, whatever)

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Price:
    Alright, TB,

I already have a Jaguar in Candy Apple Red, so I was thinking of painting this one. Then I got to thinking that maybe someone else might want CAR instead of their blue or pink or sunburst Jaguar. So, I'll trade you. This one has some scratches (see pics), the worst of which is on the bottom, right where an output jack would be (I believe it's called the lower bout?). There is a chip by the bridge pickup and some scratches on the top edge. Only interested in Fender Jags. It's stock and ready to roll.

I know it's a long shot, but what do you say?

Thanks.

IMG_3877.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  2. TheMinutemen

TheMinutemen Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I really dig the blue(cobalt?) jag. :bassist:

Bodeanly likes this.
  3. Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    I dig it, too. But on stage it looks dark and I already have a couple of black jags. I wanna go brighter... Maybe something like this:

IMG_3823.JPG

TheMinutemen likes this.
  4. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    See what it would cost for a local luthier to refinish it. That way you can get the exact color you like and you might even be able to get it relic'd if that's your thing and possibly even nitro finish

nismaniac and Bodeanly like this.
  5. bullitproof

bullitproof Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Boston
    Lake Placid Blue or Sherwood Green would look nice on it! :thumbsup:

Bodeanly likes this.
  6. ReRanch Surf Green..that would do it. CAR look great though.

Bodeanly likes this.
  7. Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Right? I'm gonna have some serious painter's remorse.

8. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Firemist Gold and Sherwood Green look awesome under lights...ooo, how 'bout Charcoal Frost Metallic with a tort guard?

9. fb_1_b.
    cdqsixnl8htwrknpfkce.

Bodeanly likes this.
  10. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    CAR looks awesome under lights. Wait, that's the colour now. Sacrilege to paint over CAR. But I see your point of already having one CAR.

Translucent burst leaving the red on the inside so it retains it's metallic quality?

That P you posted is killer though. You figure out how to reranch into that please let me know.

Bodeanly likes this.
  11. Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
  12. Where did u get a CAR one? Is it a Japanese one? I have the hot rod red. I got that one cuz I can't resist matching headstocks on Fenders. If I could get a CAR with matching headstock I'd be so stoked. I also have contemplated buying another and painting it LPB (one of my all time favs).

Bodeanly likes this.
  13. Jaynird

Jaynird Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Grass valley ca
    image. I had mine painted and installed an Audere pre, I play it more than my rics and stingrays ,had it painted by Marty Bell and the turnaround time was 3 weeks( also painted neck and headstock). He did a great job and not to expensive

Instagator, 60bass and Bodeanly like this.
  14. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    Normally I don't like matching headstocks but that bass has so much extra bling it suits it. You need a Mr T amount of gold chains to go along with it.
    If your knobs control the pre what do the jag roller wheels do?

Bodeanly likes this.
  15. Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Yes, my CAR jags are Japanese. I love the matching headstock on the HRR ones too! LPB is definitely one I am considering.

16. Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Beautiful!

17. IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0942.JPG IMG_0944.JPG

My 2006..used to be sonic red..all of the original electronics were removed..now it's tricked out as a stack knob Jazz Bass..in Deep Green metallic She's one naughty kitty

Jaynird and Bodeanly like this.
  18. IMG_0944.JPG

TheMinutemen and Bodeanly like this.
  19. Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    She's a looker, but I'm afraid I'd run into the same "looks like my black ones on a dimly lit stage" dilemma. I'm definitely gonna go more "in your face" if I paint it. I'm also considering just changing the pickguard and throwing on a maple neck.