Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CAR Mint Benavente Vintage Vortex 5-string

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jobu3, Mar 3, 2005.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    SOLD.

Alder body. Rosewood/maple. White binding and block inlays. Benavente 3-way boost/cut push-pull active/passive preamp. 35" scale. Brass nut. Dimarzio Ultra Jazz p-ups. Incase slim bag. 2004 Winter NAMM bass. My favorite fretted bass of all time. I'm going all fretless for the time being and getting my other VV5 (no longer up FS/T) converted to fretless and needed to free up some extra cash anyway. It plays and sounds like butter. It has SIT power-flats on it right now and thumps like nobody's business. I can stick some new SIT Rockbrites on if you'd prefer. Excellent B-string response and definition. Even response across all the strings. No deads spots. Perfect condition. If there is any wear whatsoever, its' on the p-guard and is very hard to see because it's white. I can't weigh it accurately but it is a lighter instrument. 19mm spacing at the bridge. 1-7/8 or so at the nut. I'm the first owner. Bought it at www.blueberryhillbass.com a few months ago from our very own JPJ. I want it to go to a good home.

$1600.00 (OBRO) shipped to the 48 ONLY (NO OVERSEAS, SORRY). No trades.

Pictures.
    None of the other items in the pix are for sale. I will try to get more pix up of the bass as soon as I can.
    :bassist:

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    ... Why am I cursed with such a tiny...

... paycheck.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

what a great idea :smug:

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I love those basses. Very nice.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Is it just me, or do these things always seem to pop up when I have no freakin' cash??? :bawl: :bawl:

Ray

6. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    pm your way

7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    PM's have all been returned.

James, in the immortal words of the Guinness commercial...
    BRILLIANT!

:smug: :cool:

8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    $1600.00 shipped OBO to the 48 only. Paypal fees are included. :cool:

9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    BTTT :cool:

10. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    PM sent again Joe

11. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Need....money......so.......bad.............

Can I give you a deposit to wait two more weeks for da paycheck?

12. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    SOLD. :cool:

13. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Tis mine now SMASH :hyper:

14. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I did score a monoblock II! It's an incredibly powerful amp. I need to find a repair tech however as I think something inside is loose (it seems to change volumes sometimes while I'm in the middle of playing).

My new rig that's on its was consists of this bass, a True Voice rackmount pre, my PLX 3402, and my Schroeder 310212 which is still being built. I have a feeling things are going to get loud around here :)

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

What are you going to do with all of these new basses??

16. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I was thinking of rolling around with them on the floor.

Honestly, I keep thinking that I need to get rid of basses, but when I try and think about which one(s) I could let go, I come up empty-handed.

Every bass I have has a purpose, granted I only use a few for gigging. For example, our last album was recorded on a warwick vette, hence I have yours now odie simply for recording 4-string. Your Toby is going to be my other gigging bass along with my Turner and this Benevente Beauty. My passive jazz and p-bass are pretty much just for whatever cover band I happen to be in, since that's always what they prefer I play. It's always a fun experience for me :)

So yeah, I guess I'm nuts. This is it though, no more basses. I've got enough to last me a lifetime.