Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

car rental in Chicago - under 25?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bladerunner, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Im looking into renting a car in or near Chicago, but I can't seem to find any companies that will let me rent one since I'm not over 25 (I'm 23). Is it really not possible to rent a car if you're not 25?

I need to use it for ~25 days to go sightseing, and I'm planning on going out-of-state too....

Any hint would be greatly appreciated...also, I'm willing to spend 1300$ at most if that is of any relevance ;-)

Tia,
    Andy

2. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Try renting from the suburbs? I don't know if that is different.

Where will you be going in Illinois?

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Andy, try Enterprise - I've heard they rent 21 and up.

4. Andy, I think HeavyDuty is correct. Here's their site: www.enterprise.com/car_rental/home.do

The box that says, "Your age," has three categories, 18-20 being the youngest. There might be extra fees for those under 25, but I'm not sure.

Good luck.

Mike

5. I don't think they have extra fees for under 25. I rented a car through Enterprise last year (I was 21 at the time) and don't remember it being surprisingly high. I think it was still around $25/day.

6. Thank you very much - I reserved a car at Enterprise today! Can't wait to hit the road... :hyper:

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Woohoo!