Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

car stereo recievers/players

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Like, this is the last thread... i promise...

I need a reciever that plays CD's and MP3's. And is XM ready.

Really, the MP3 thing is not a big deal... it would just be nice... and i dont wanna spend more than $100.

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    It's not like it's a big thing, just do your research and get the one you like ya big wuss.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hmmmm.......you may have to hit WalMart, Radio Shack, or an auto parts store like Auto Zone for that price range.

Do you have a Car Toys near you? They do some blowouts on receivers all the time. I picked up a nice receiver that does what you want for $120. The only difference is it's Sirius instead of XM.

-Mike

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You can find a few that are CD/MP3 compatible for 100 or less but I haven't seen any that are XM ready for 100 or less.

I got my CD/MP3 compatible Clarion DB355MP from www.6ave.com for $88. It's a great head for the price IMO.

You might want to check out this head though at $122. Pioneer has a good rep for car receivers and it has 6 cent shipping, or maybe you could find it closer to your target price somewhere else.

brad cook