car vs. telephone pole.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Microbass, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Nice! I woonder if my insurance covers collisions with telephone wires....
  2. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    The funniest part is that the guy took off and left the car running.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Talk about having a bad day.

The driver is lucky to be alive, my cousin had a similar accident (albeit at lower speeds); the cable cut the engine in half and stopped right around the firewall area. She spent a night in the hospital and was fine the next day, while the car was destroyed.
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    One of my friends somehow got a car stuck in a tree. I don't remember the specifics, but it was UP in a tree. He was completely fine though.

I also had a friend flip a car, and had to kick out a window with his cast covered foot. He played a show the next day (I ran sound for it...). He later found a piece of glass stuck in the roof of his mouth, and had to pick it out. Ugh...
  5. okay, I've spent more than enough time trying to think of a funny thing to say in response to this idiots driving. But it pretty much speaks for itself. It's Firetruckin Hilarious. :D
  6. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Uhhh, cars don't fly, so I'm really having a hard time understanding all of this.
  7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    First thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread title was:

"Jerry was a racecar driver
    22 years old
    One too many cold beers one night
    And wrapped himself around a telephone pole..."

And thought it will be something sad...

Then I opened it... and saw the picture... :eek: :eek: :D :D

And BTW those wires are great! Would you've imagined they would hold a car thats over a ton? Some other wires simply break when they have a bit of ice hanging from them! :rolleyes:
  8. Huh. Saw the title to this thread and figured it'd be that V8 powered RX7 from the other thread wrapped around a pole...