Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Car wreck blues

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 7thbass, Apr 25, 2005.

1. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    Got hit by a moron who ran a red light friday.

Car, which I loved, was totalled. Sucker was almost paid off.

But I am keeping it together, endeavor to persevere and all that, until I go to the tow lot and look at the car.

CDs- gone, destroyed. Suitcoats? damaged by water from fire department. Still, keeping my cool.

Crowbar trunk, suddenly remember my Ampeg 5r/ effects/rack case are in the trunk. Suddenly, things get a little personal.

Notice that the rack case has a huge hole in it, wood splinters everywhere. Rack ears torn off amp, whole thing soaking wet. Scared to plug it in.

Also, left hand so swollen I can't make a fist, much less get ready for my upcoming gig. I am lucky to be walking, and I am not complaining, as at least I didn't injure my wiping hand.

I am now a carless, ampless, no left hand havin sumbich.

2. That bastards insurance should cover everything that was damged, but ****, that sucks

(if he had insurance :| )

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Ouch... this sucks real bad...
    (Also I assume that the cars caught fire, that's where the firefighters and the water come in, right?)
    Those who can't drive shouldn't drive. Licences should be taken away for good after such incidents

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

sorry for your troubles , thats a serious bummer ...
    anybody get hurt , i mean other than your left hand ?

hope everything works out for you ...

5. That really sucks but at least you have your health! :rolleyes: In February while walking to school I got hit by a car on three separate occasions. Each time I was fine and able to walk away from. And on a side note, there were no illicit substances involved and I was not j-walking. So yeah I've got a bit of experience when it comes to bad car stuff. :spit:

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eek:
    There are so many bad drivers in the neighbourhood?
    Anyway, that's weird.
    I'm glad you didn't get seriously injured.
    Better luck next time.. I mean better luck and no next time... er... should I be sleeping already?... :meh: :)

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Here's to good health and hopefully his insurance covering everything, and of course, a quick recovery for you.

Ray

8. Yeah the first time was the worst. I ended up sprawled out on the hood of the guy's van. My feet were still on the ground because he ran them over. Luckily for me he was going fast enough for the runover part to not hurt. Yeah this all happened down-town within a 5 minute walk from my campus. Really no excuse for it other than the guys weren't paying attention.

9. Wow 7thbass! I hope it all works out for you. That's a bummer. You know what they say.

"If it doesn't kill kill, it will only make you stranger" :D

Hang in there!

10. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    You walked away from it, take some comfort in that. Sorry about your gear, will you have a memorial service?

Mike