Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carbon Blue Bongo Pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xring, Aug 11, 2005.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Just showing off my fairly new acquisition. It's hard to set down once you get going. Randy :smug:

Attached Files:

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    That's better, I can see it now! :D

That's really good looking! How does the single coil sound? I have a dual hummer model myself. :)

3. You lucky $@#!*&#! Sweet bass man. Looks great, but i bet it sounds even better.

4. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I was actually able to play a sc-hh and hh-hh side by side. To my ear the sc had a clean, yet aggressive tone that the hh could not match. It was an easy choice - at least for me. :)
    Randy

5. Mahlon

Mahlon

Jan 27, 2005
    Bennettsville SC
    To borrow from Rachael Ray, Beau-T-ful !

6. Looks like you spilled a little bit of toilet bowl cleaner on your lid there...

...wait...

...just kiding Sorry, I wasn't gonna pass that up!

Serisously though, Carbon Blue is one of my favorite EBMM colors, I hope you treat her well, and vise versa!

~Ryan

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    That's all that matters. :D

8. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I think I have one or two extra pickguards for the configuration if you're interested. Cheap and sexy!

Jack

bovine@bovinehost.com

9. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Bovine, Thanks! I'm interested of course. This white ice is hard to see in the pics, but looks nice. Please get me here: xring@wowway.com to see about this. Thanks! Randy

10. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Awesome! I think it would look better with either a black or carbon look pick guard though....

11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Not in 5 string you don't, Senor....

The I'm really not following you around to correct you,
    Bassmonkeee

12. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Ooops, didn't notice it was a fiver.

Right you are, bassmonkee! I DO have a couple of 4 banger 'guards for a HSC Bongo.

Should anyone need such a thing.

13. Of all the pickguards you could have on that colour, I'd have to say this is the bees knees... ok so it's not a bongo, but it is carbon blue!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. nice bongo. bet it plays great.

15. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Niftydog, The pickguard is awsome. I've always been more of a solid tone kind of guy for paint and contrast whether it be basses, cars, motorcycles - whatever. I'd like to see a light shade of the same tone of blue on this. I think I'll be waiting a while... Randy

16. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I bet a nice mint guard would look amazing with the Carbon Blue.

[​IMG]

17. Any chance of some sound clips of these bongos?

18. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I *really* like that color, but I'm like Jer - blue is a great color for basses.

Enjoy!

19. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    strange, the more pictures i see of Bongo's the more i actually start to like them.

20. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I've never thought of them as too unusual or ugly as some people say. Next to some instruments out there, they look rather ordinary. There ARE some butt ugly basses out there and we all have seen them. The Bongo is not one of them if you ask me. My Rebop might be considered handsome by some, but it really is nothing extraordinary really.
    All you have to do is play a Bongo, and that will probably push you over the edge. If you happen to still not like it, more power to you. This thread has not inspired it, but I can't believe how some people get hung up on appearance to the max. I'm thinking there might be a whole lot of posers out there. If on a gig, (or anywhere else) I don't care what my bass looks like. Anyone who is worthy to accurately judge my playing (most likely a musician) is not going to care about appearances - just musicianship. That's all I care about. I know - nobody asked me! Randy :D