1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carbon Fiber: Glasser Vs Finale

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Violen, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Violen

Violen Instructor in the Vance/Rabbath Method Banned

Apr 19, 2004
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
    Glasser Woven Carbon fiber vs the Finale Carbon Fiber bow.

What are the pros and cons of each? Lets pretend the price point isnt an issue.

What are some insights on both? Does anyone have direct comparisons? i would love to hear some feedback.

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I bought Glasser Braided CF bow (@$500) just to try the bow out - and I am very happy with it. It's a real orchestra bow, strong, a bit stiff, but very articulate. I've also had Finale and Metropolitan bows. The Glasser is more like the Metro. The Finale is a bit quicker, more subtle, feels more like an expenisve wood bow, but perhap this Glasser (there are various levels of woven/braided cf in their catalogue) has more punch.

Hope it hleps

Louis

3. Violen

Apr 19, 2004
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Thank you. Anyone else want to add to his evaluation? even if you dont have a side by side comparison?

What other CF bows in the 300-500 dollar range do you reccomend?

I find it kinda interesting that this kind of thread hasnt been posted before.

4. AlcalaBass

AlcalaBass

Jan 28, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I own both a Finale and Coda Revelation bow. I prefer using the finale when using a CF bow. It feels and acts like a light wooden bow. I've tried the Glasser a few times, but wasn't to impressed.

5. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, I took the Glasser to rehearsal because the good bow was being rehaired. My stand partner has been auditioning bows in the $1200-1800 range and he ripped the Glasser out of my hand and won't give it back. Said it beat out anything he'd been trying in that price range. FWIW.

Louis

6. Violen

Apr 19, 2004
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Thank you for the update!