1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carcassi Copy for sale--I won the Cleveland Orchestra audition with this bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by bassbarr, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Hello--

I am selling my Carcassi copy made by Kolstein to help fund my recent bass purchase. I have played the bass for the past 10 years--since my final year at The Curtis Institute.

This bass was with me when I won the principle bass position with the Charleston Symphony in 1999 andin 2002 when I auditioned and joined The Cleveland Orchestra. It has been my everyday bass in Cleveland since I joined the section.

Many who have played the Carcassi copies have agreed that it is the "best" sounding of Kolstein's copies. I either got lucky or maybe it is the thousands of hours I spent practicing on it since 1996. Nevertheless, it has served me well.

RECENT UPGRADES--IMPROVEMENTS

Robertsons and Sons (Albuquerque) installed a Getz endpin, redressed the fingerboard, and reshaped the bridge.

Steve Riley (Michigan) installed a new tailpiece (Kolsteins looked rediculous), and sound post last year.

I am asking $24,000.00. I will consider offers and can send photos. If you want to call me, my # is 216-402-1638

Thanks for looking
    Charles