Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Card trick I just can't figure out

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bardolph, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I know a bit of magic so when I see a card trick I can usually figure out what the trick is behind it. But a while ago this guy showed me a trick where you take two cards, fold each of them, one hotdog and one hamburger, both so that the back of the card faces out. He then put the hot dog one inside the hamburger one so one end was sticking out. He asked me to push the card inside so that the other end would stick out. When I did, the other end was inside out. I've made a crude illustration to show you what I'm talking about. Obviously the card was ripped and twisted at the center, but I have no idea how he'd pull that off discretely, especially since I watched him do the whole thing. Any ideas?

2. sounds to me like a double lift, and there are actually two cards in hot dog position, the other one facing outward.

3. Bridge Cables

Bridge Cables Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    It's called card warp, been around quite awhile. I use to do it with business cards. There is a method at the end to hand the cards out and not show the workings.

You friend has good misdirection, sometimes when you watch too intently it gets easier for the illusion to work!

Try this link

http://www.magicinc.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1239

Most magic shops carry it, fairly inexpensive and "almost" self working!

Now if I could only get these cabs to switch their ohm ratings back and forth, that would be magic! Just didn't want to push this Mesa M-P 600 at 2.67 or buy another cab!

BC :cool:

4. It sounds soooo wrong.....I'm hungry!

5. that's what she said.

6. damn... now i'm interested. i have to figure out how to do that!

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'd never heard of "hot dog" and "hamburger" folds until I became a teacher.

brad cook