Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Career Advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mankind, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Mankind

Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    England
    I've been reading TB for a while now and realised advice is often very good and true, so - i plea for you to open my eyes to the world and perhaps even set my career off.
    I'm in London and am currently studying A levels; physcology (excuse sp im tired), Sport Science and History.
    I am interested in police work and that sort of thing but i have no idea of the hirachy or grades/work needed/required. Also i'm a VERY keen sportsman, having been an ambassador for my county/region/country(once) many times. Bass guitar player before people say, is very far fetched for me - a hobby, not life is bass playing for me :)

Any ideas, advice or just general blargh, go for it! My mind is open to your advice TB!
    Many thanks,
    Richie

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    sports psychology/motivation , police/forensic psychology, forensic sports psychology historian :p

3. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    therapist for depressed musicians or those with overwhelming stagefright... :)

4. I'm gunna be a music & psychology secondary teacher... you could teach any of your subjects.

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Homeless :D that’s my choice... I am not joking either... find a job with history/poli scie major (minor econ) :D my career is homelessness

Cheers :D

6. Mankind

Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    England
    Everyone knows the cure - shove em on stage n don't let em off till they perform!
    Any other ideas? Anyone know the police hiarachy? Sgt, Private etc?
    Thanks for the replies btw :)

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Have you considered taking work as a Gigolo, or maybe a Pimp? I've always thought those fields sounded interesting and they seem to make a lot of money. I've heard that being a Cat Burglar can be quite profitable. I honestly don't know how you make much money at all steeling cat's, but I'm just going off of what I've heard. If none of that appeals to you, you might look into a career in forgeries and money laundering or possibly even consider choosing your own career path. I don’t know, these are just my thoughts...

8. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    If you want to be a cop, go to the police recruiting and find out what they look for. Talk to their forensic department and ask what they look for.

9. Somene's been playing too much Sims... :ninja:

:D