Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Career Change!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Hey guys

I haven't posted for a while because I have been in the middle of a change of career!

I recently got offered the position of GM of a large fitness centre chain. It was a bit scary at first, leaving my comfort zone job of 8 years, but now all I can see are the positives.

Its a better position, more attuned to my interests, and best of all I don't have to work late nights anymore :hyper:

What are your stories about changing careers?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I spent 17 years as a drywall finisher. Moved all the way up to project manager and foreman. In May of 2002, I had to stop working as a result of a repetitive use injury. After surgery, my surgeon informed that I would not be able to return to drywall. At that point, my workers comp stepped in to retrain me. After a few million tests, they agreed with my choice of retraining, computer networking.

I spent one year in an on-the-job training program, and going to school full time and more. Here I sit today as a network engineer, and I do a little admin also.

-Mike