1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Career Change!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Hey guys

I haven't posted for a while because I have been in the middle of a change of career!

I recently got offered the position of GM of a large fitness centre chain. It was a bit scary at first, leaving my comfort zone job of 8 years, but now all I can see are the positives.

Its a better position, more attuned to my interests, and best of all I don't have to work late nights anymore :hyper:

What are your stories about changing careers?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I spent 17 years as a drywall finisher. Moved all the way up to project manager and foreman. In May of 2002, I had to stop working as a result of a repetitive use injury. After surgery, my surgeon informed that I would not be able to return to drywall. At that point, my workers comp stepped in to retrain me. After a few million tests, they agreed with my choice of retraining, computer networking.

I spent one year in an on-the-job training program, and going to school full time and more. Here I sit today as a network engineer, and I do a little admin also.

-Mike